• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY COW Yard sale find!!!!!

211 posts in this topic

ok, i was in jim thorpe, PA this weekend for an art show i was set up at & decided to walk around town on sunday. I came across this old guy who was selling some junk out of the side of his house & he has a pile of comics. I flipped thorugh, a lot of 60's stuff, i pulled some 50's gi combat, some early 60's rawhide kid, Brave & bold #52 out (all vg-Fine), and then... BAM a Marvel Mystery #81 in Good!!!!! The guy says, yeah thats an old one from the 50's, so its $4.00! Total cost for 12 comics $28! Yahoo!!!!!! i'll post the scan after i wonder bread it.... grin.gif

"Paging Joe Collector: gypsy, tramp, or thief in aisle 9" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ripping off people is like spitting into the wind. What goes around comes around.

Seeing yet another of our elderly taken advantage of is likely a good time as any to take another break from the reprobates on here. confused.gif

wait a miute! ripping someone off would be me saying, yeah, thats from the 50's, i'll give you $4.00. But Him telling me that, and that he used to collect comics, but just wants to get rid of them now because he is into coca cola, and setting his own price is NOT ripping him off. He got what he wanted for the book. So You would say, oh, you only want $4? that book guides for $104, would sell for $125 easy, so let me give you that instead. I don't think so.

wait a miute! ripping someone off would be me saying, yeah, thats from the 50's, i'll give you $4.00. But Him telling me that, and that he used to collect comics, but just wants to get rid of them now because he is into coca cola, and setting his own price is NOT ripping him off. He got what he wanted for the book. So You would say, oh, you only want $4? that book guides for $104, would sell for $125 easy, so let me give you that instead. I don't think so.

what.gif

We all have choices to make, and you made yours. Please don't expect me to pat you on the back for what you did.

We all have choices to make, and you made yours. Please don't expect me to pat you on the back for what you did.

This is insane. Truly insane. The guy

1) Wants the books gone.

2) Set his own price

3) Has a clue as to what they are

4) Has a clue as to what the value is

and you're blasting shiver for buying the book at the price the informed seller set?

How is this possible? How can you possibly blast him for this?

This is the equivalent of Darth and I at the Tysons show putting stuff in dollar boxes and wanting it GONE. A guy bought Amazing 124 in F/VF, Dr. Strange 1 in NM and a bunch of other books for a buck. By your reasoning, that buyer should have paid me more money, correct?

"We all have choices to make, and you made yours. Please don't expect me to pat you on the back for what you did. "

27_laughing.gif

i am sure your collection of boyscout medals and certificates of superior civic duty for helping old ladies across the street helps you sleep at night.

i am shaking my head in disbelief

i am sure your collection of boyscout medals and certificates of superior civic duty for helping old ladies across the street helps you sleep at night.

You have no idea, and I really mean that. People born without a conscience stand in awe and disbelief of those who have one.

I could tell you the organizations I belong to, the volunteer work I did, the charities I donate to, and even the eldery neighbors we help out and drive to the hospital, but to someone like you, it would probably seem as unbelieveable as an ET sighting.

Yes, some people do respect the elderly.

and similarly, you have no idea about myself. I have no doubts about my own code of morals, and helping those in need. This isn't a pissssing contest about who has higher moral standards, but your comment on what happened and My own moral misjudgements was just laughably absurd. Was my response incindiary, sure, but no more ridiculous or incindiary than your own comment.

How is this possible? How can you possibly blast him for this?

Hey, I have ethics. One of my friends called me names for giving back an extra twenty I got in change. I bought 5 movies at Blockbuster a few weeks back, only got charged for four and went back.

And as you well know, I've posted insane BIN auctions on here (that other forum members have taken) that I was simply not prepared for stick the seller with.

I've led a semi-charmed life so far and really believe that kicking someone will start another boot heading toward your own [!@#%^&^].

One of my friends called me names for giving back an extra twenty I got in change. I bought 5 movies at Blockbuster a few weeks back, only got charged for four and went back.

Whoa! Did all this happen on the same day that you told us about a while back where the ATM gave you a couple extra $20's, and some waitress gave you back too much change b/c she thought you were studly? I guess some guys have all the luck! 893applaud-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

[Hey, I have ethics. One of my friends called me names for giving back an extra twenty I got in change. I bought 5 movies at Blockbuster a few weeks back, only got charged for four and went back.

True story: I bought a $5 magazine once & paid with a $10 bill. The clerk gave me my change & started counting it like I had paid with a $100 bill! I corrected him & he was very grateful.

One of my friends called me names for giving back an extra twenty I got in change. I bought 5 movies at Blockbuster a few weeks back, only got charged for four and went back.

Whoa! Did all this happen on the same day that you told us about a while back where the ATM gave you a couple extra $20's, and some waitress gave you back too much change b/c she thought you were studly? I guess some guys have all the luck! 893applaud-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif