• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY COW Yard sale find!!!!!

211 posts in this topic

I gotta chime back in here at some point... It was me early on who first questioned your telling of this adventure as perhaps as unethical as Chuckies MH adventure. Not JC. And it was very big of him to post that last note backing down. He gets boisterous sometimes and opinionated and fights get out of control, but IMO he was "guilty" of the same thing as you, SHIV, in that he also didnt think about the tone of his posts: He ATTACKED the "immorality" of your actions as unforgivable and then got carried away defending hinself against the reactions he himself brought on.

And you, as I pointed out while adding that I too probably would not have acted any more "honorably" given the offer at a flea market, were "guilty" of the tone you used to tell the story than the amount they guy was "ripped off" for in that it came across as applauding yourself for your good luck, at the guys expense, even though he too was happy at the deal.

I made my initial post from the vantage point of 6 months on these boards where we have ALL SLAMMED Chuckles for the MH purchase. I think 19 out of 20 of us agree he should have done a LOT better by the Church heirs. SO I was surprised that ANY of us would ever tell a similar story here and risk looking that hypocritical. That was my point. If you remember I also pointed out that the two instances (your deal and the MH buy) vary ridiculously in SCALE, as has ben mentioned since, but not really in intent.

Hope this helps, and we're all one big happy family again... otherwise, please pass the popcorn.. the BIG bag!

Perhaps you should spend some time exploring your true feelings about things before spouting off at the keyboard, huh? 893naughty-thumb.gif

In case I wasn't direct enough previously, here's the deal:

If you want to brag, have something to brag about. If you want to brag about scamming, don't expect everyone to fit into your own view of morality and pat you on the back.

The reason I got so wired up was the obvious braggart coming out, but the ammunition I used in my battle was based on scamming those who don't know any better.

Kinda like getting kicked in a bar, then using your fists to pummel the guy. It was still the leg that started it.

The more I've thought about this the more I'm inclined to think I would have done the exact same thing Chuckles did. I may have bought the heirs a house afterward or taken care of them in some other way due to the enormity of the scale of my good (and their bad) fortune (and I certainly wouldn't be bragging about it on my website) but when it comes to buying the world's best inventory of comics for $2000.... yeah, I would've done it. I think 99% of us would have done the same thing.

If you want to brag, have something to brag about. If you want to brag about scamming, don't expect everyone to fit into your own view of morality and pat you on the back.

Your perception of this as "bragging" says more about you and your skewed perceptions than the "braggart". I fully understood the excitement behind finding, in this day, a bargain and having two parties satisfied. I have posted several times that I found a book I bought for $60 and sold for $1800 and one I bought for $12 and sold for $300. I saw no comments from you - why? because I bought one in an antique co-op and one at a flea market where people are actually "in business"? That should make no difference. I still, apparantly, ripped off people.

You seem intent on laying your morals on other people. Before you do that you should determine if you are the Christ, the Buddha, Lao Tzu or any other religious leader. Joe, you have some good insights in some areas. You are insufferable, spiteful and a braggart in others. Take the good and drop the bad. No one needs your moral lessons. You are none of our parents, teachers, guides or deities.

To the board proctors here - feel free to strike me on this (but only one strike please). But JC's (LOVE the thought provocation of those initials) constant setting himself up as the CGC Board Moral Majority is truly becoming sickening.

Kinda like getting kicked in a bar, then using your fists to pummel the guy. It was still the leg that started it.

That analogy is, to put it mildly, stupid beyond the telling of it (to paraphrase Buffy). Unless someone is elderly and therefore old, senile and without responsibility for their own actions and, due to being elderly, totally without any recouse of their own, anyone else not elderly would know what a "kick in a bar" would reap. Your analogy makes no sense. It is pablum. Worse, it is pablum only a very few can digest. Dag Nab It!

I don't believe in karma or any other supernatural phenomenon. You got a great deal and don't let these other people tell you any different. So what if Mr. Overstreet says it is "worth" $100. Any book is worth the price that the buyer and seller agree upon, and in this case it was $4.

And it was obvious to me that you weren't "bragging', but instead sharing your excitement and good fortune with your "friends"...many of whom are so immature that they couldn't congratulate you and feel good about your find.

Take the good and drop the bad.

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the Facts of Life...

Great, now that song will be rattling around my head all night.

Og gawd no! GAWD NO! I shall seek you out and do unspeakable things to you. That song is probably gonna be in my head for several daze! Why you! You! You you-you! grin.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gifgrin.gif

Take the good and drop the bad.

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the Facts of Life...

Great, now that song will be rattling around my head all night.

893applaud-thumb.gifinsane.gif893applaud-thumb.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing as you were typing it...now it's stuck in MY head too!!!! 893frustrated.gif

Hey Silver, the pic of the marvel mystery is on page 6 of this thread & also in the have a cigar GA forum, the gi combats, brave & bold & rawhide kids are already gone....

and POV, wow! Strongly spoken & true to the core. I wonder if JC knows the age of the internet seller who sold him the VF+ spidey #129 for $25?