• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM Annual #1 (edit: better scans)

16 posts in this topic

We need better quality scans to really be able to help you. The compression on these makes it impossible to see the fine detail: edges, corner, spine, etc. Those are the details that will make or break a book.

But based on what I can make out, I'm going with an 8.0 VF.

There are a few visible stress lines around the top staple, and there might be a small ding to the top edge in the yellow area.

What's that line on the back cover that runs up into the coupon?

Re: CGC encapsulation - it will cost you approx. $20-30 per book, so unless slabbing it (e.g. sending it to CGC for grading and encapsulation) will add at least that much resale value, it's not worth it. But, generally speaking, if you have early 1960s books and they're all in this condition or better, then slab away! As you get into the 1970s, you probably only want to slab books that are 9.2 or higher (again, that's a generalization).

If this ASM Annual #1 is really an 8.0, it's listed at $700+ in the Overstreet guide. You may or may not get that much for it, depending on where you sell it, to whom you sell it, and when you sell it.

But if you want to get a fair price on your books without going to the trouble and expense of slabbing them, post them on this board in the marketplace forum! (Or just send me a PM with the full list!!!) The people here are knowledgeable enough to give you a fair price on raw unslabbed books.

If you price them reasonably, you'll sell them fast and you won't have any of the hassles (commissions, dealing with "problem" bidders, etc.) that you'll get on auction sites.

What dpi should I run the scans at for a good scan to post without making the file to big?

Yes there are 2 stress lines by the upper staple.

Yes, there is a small ding in the yellow at the top.

The line on the back.....There's actually 2. One coming down through the pink and one coming down through the blue. They are not folds or indentations. They seem like some kind of printing error. The line coming down through the blue is blue, and the pink side's line is pink.

I don't have a full book by book list but I have compiled a list of titles and quanitity of books in each if you (or anyone else) is interested in seeing it.

Thx for your help on this.

Good scans this time - thanks! Beautiful book!

There are a couple more minor stress lines on the spine that I couldn't see in the original scans. There's also a little chip in the red "ANNUAL" band in the TLC. And it looks like a crease in the bottom right corner of the front cover.

All of those will bring it down below the 9.X grades.

I'll stick with my original 8.0, but some might give it an 8.5.

It's very clean and looks very tight. Congratulations and welcome to the boards! :applause:

8.0/8.5

I'm guessing that mark on the back is a production ink stain.

YES! Slab that puppy!

:banana:

With the better scans I'd down tone my grade a bit to 7.5/8.0.

it's certainly pretty........ (thumbs u

i was thining an 8.0 due primarily to the spine/staple stress marks and the cprner crease in the LRFC. but i also think i see a small squiggly crease coming out of Kraven's left foot, so i'll go with a 7.5/8.0.....................