• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bidders who never lose

172 posts in this topic

I`m happy to debate the issue with guys like Shin and POV, who have standing here. You, I have no idea who you are, but you clearly don`t merit any further consideration.

Well, opinions are like a-holes aren't they. Thank goodness for me i'm not trying to permanently affix my lips to your rear.

I just found the boards a few months ago. Do me a favor and let me know when my post count makes it appropriate for me to voice an opinion.

Your problem is I don't agree with treating other collectors like enemies. If I agreed with you you wouldn't say anything. You're a funny guy though, you display alot of traits I find endearing of children and egotistical blowhards.

But hey, you want to treat fellow collectors like enemies and artificially inflate prices for books on the if come that another book someday might fall into your hands that's your prerogative. Doesn't mean there's a post count rule that says I can't call you an because I think you are one.

I`m happy to debate the issue with guys like Shin and POV, who have standing here. You, I have no idea who you are, but you clearly don`t merit any further consideration.

I just had the same thought. Who is this guy?

Just somebody who likes to collect golden age books and talk comics with people. I don't believe in treating other collectors like enemies and I don't believe in bidding on books I don't want at ridiculously out of whack prices just to teach somebody else a lesson. I grew out of that when I was like 8.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I have a penchant for calling people jerks when I see it and I don't particularly care to be PC and sugarcoat things for people.

Just somebody who likes to collect golden age books and talk comics with people. I don't believe in treating other collectors like enemies and I don't believe in bidding on books I don't want at ridiculously out of whack prices just to teach somebody else a lesson. I grew out of that when I was like 8.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I have a penchant for calling people jerks when I see it and I don't particularly care to be PC and sugarcoat things for people.

Well said! Now if you are a fan of GA war books, Scotch, and hot waitresses (not necessarily in that order) we'll have a grand time at the Mid-Ohio con.

Well said! Now if you are a fan of GA war books, Scotch, and hot waitresses (not necessarily in that order) we'll have a grand time at the Mid-Ohio con.

I have my 80 year old grandmother to thank for getting me hooked on Dewars. Hot waitresses is a given. Next stop on the GA collecting rollercoaster for me, War Books! Done, Done and Done!

I have my 80 year old grandmother to thank for getting me hooked on Dewars. Hot waitresses is a given. Next stop on the GA collecting rollercoaster for me, War Books! Done, Done and Done!

get a room you 2, will ya :baiting:

gator

gator

we already did. I brought the Scotch, trooper brought the hot waitresses and..............

Dewars!!! this is where we differ, everyone knows Johnny Walker Black and Chivas are the drinkers choice. Afraid I can't talk to you anymore. :baiting:

gator

Tell you what, I'll bring a waitress's uniform for you and we'll turn that 2 person bedroom into a 3.

I don't believe in treating other collectors like enemies and I don't believe in bidding on books I don't want at ridiculously out of whack prices just to teach somebody else a lesson. I grew out of that when I was like 8.

Childish namecalling...when will you grow out of that? :foryou:

Dewars!!! this is where we differ, everyone knows Johnny Walker Black and Chivas are the drinkers choice. Afraid I can't talk to you anymore. :baiting:

I see how you are. I guess i'll have to put a punish bid on you when that GI Combat comes up :baiting:

hell, i'm an equal opportunity drinker. JW is fine me.

I just found the boards a few months ago. Do me a favor and let me know when my post count makes it appropriate for me to voice an opinion.

Post count has nothing to do with it, and the fact that you think my determination of whether someone is worth engaging in a debate would be based on something as meaningless as post count speaks volumes about your thought process.

You can usually tell whether someone is a quality poster, or worthless poster, within a few posts.

Post count has nothing to do with it, and the fact that you think my determination of whether someone is worth engaging in a debate would be based on something as meaningless as post count speaks volumes about your thought process.

You can usually tell whether someone is a quality poster, or worthless poster, within a few posts.

blah, blah, blah.....i already stated that you're only in a tizzy b/c I don't agree with you. Treating other collectors like they are enemies and artificially inflating the price of books because of your own ego? Yeah, you're all class buddy.

blah, blah, blah.....i already stated that you're only in a tizzy b/c I don't agree with you. Treating other collectors like they are enemies and artificially inflating the price of books because of your own ego? Yeah, you're all class buddy.

I think Tim already put you straight about 5 posts back. Style and approach is subjective, if you don't like them it doesn't give you the right to run you rmouth off like you have no self control.

Pull your head out of your arse and move along. Your just making yourself look like a prized wit

I think Tim already put you straight about 5 posts back. Style and approach is subjective, if you don't like them it doesn't give you the right to run you rmouth off like you have no self control.

Pull your head out of your arse and move along.

Your just making yourself look like a prized wit

(thumbs u I guess he didn`t notice that I was perfectly happy to debate with Shin and POV, who obviously didn`t agree with me. (shrug)

Nah, he didn't set me straight. It was the V8 I drank this morning. Thanks anyway though.

I don't believe in treating other collectors like enemies and I don't believe in bidding on books I don't want at ridiculously out of whack prices just to teach somebody else a lesson. I grew out of that when I was like 8.

Childish namecalling...when will you grow out of that? :foryou:

when you stop punish bidding people. :grin:

hm Punish Bidding?

I guess I have never intentionally done that. I usually purchase a book about once a month from ebay. I always bid once, usually during the last minute of the auction. 99% of the time I win the book. Ask my friend Steve (Zipper68) :grin: I wait until their is a book that I really want and bid generously. Obviously, I wanted the book more than the other bidders. There is nothing wrong with it, as long as you pay for it. I won an Action #158 CGC 5.5 last night for $361.01 which was my maximum bid. (The underbidder bid $361.00) I'm sure there was a couple of unhappy underbidders but, thats the breaks. If they wanted the book as bad as I did, they could have bid more. (2 cents to be exact)

Mike

hm Punish Bidding?

I guess I have never intentionally done that. I usually purchase a book about once a month from ebay. I always bid once, usually during the last minute of the auction. 99% of the time I win the book. Ask my friend Steve (Zipper68) :grin: I wait until their is a book that I really want and bid generously. Obviously, I wanted the book more than the other bidders. There is nothing wrong with it, as long as you pay for it. I won an Action #158 CGC 5.5 last night for $361.01 which was my maximum bid. (The underbidder bid $361.00) I'm sure there was a couple of unhappy underbidders but, thats the breaks. If they wanted the book as bad as I did, they could have bid more. (2 cents to be exact)

Mike

I get sniped all the time. Its frustrating but it keeps me honest. I set a limit for what I think the book is worth or for how much i'm willing to pay and if I get sniped, so be it. Still stings for awhile though when you think you've got it right up to the last moment.