• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bidders who never lose

172 posts in this topic

Conan, what is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women (especially after seeing the final price their husbands had to pay for their winnings)"

conan.jpg

I don't believe in treating other collectors like enemies and I don't believe in bidding on books I don't want at ridiculously out of whack prices just to teach somebody else a lesson. I grew out of that when I was like 8.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I have a penchant for calling people jerks when I see it and I don't particularly care to be PC and sugarcoat things for people.

Childish namecalling...when will you grow out of that? :foryou:

when you stop punish bidding people. :grin:

I've never posted a "punishment" bid. Name calling finished I guess. :cool:

Do you guys ever run into certain eBay bidders who will bid an insane amount on a particular comic so no one will dare overbid them? Do you ever realize what's going on and also bid an insane amount (but not too insane) so this particular user will pay through the nose? I've run into two such users in the last month on two different sets I pay a lot of attention to and I've made them fork over at least double what anyone else has paid in the last year on several different auctions. Ugh, it's still frustrating and I need to get a little whining off my chest...

I guess i'm misinterpreting this, huh? (tsk)

Conan, what is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women (especially after seeing the final price their husbands had to pay for their winnings)"

conan.jpg

lol One of my favorite movies! :cloud9:

Do you guys ever run into certain eBay bidders who will bid an insane amount on a particular comic so no one will dare overbid them? Do you ever realize what's going on and also bid an insane amount (but not too insane) so this particular user will pay through the nose? I've run into two such users in the last month on two different sets I pay a lot of attention to and I've made them fork over at least double what anyone else has paid in the last year on several different auctions. Ugh, it's still frustrating and I need to get a little whining off my chest...

You're misinterpreting this:

I never heard the term "punishment" bidding until I started this thread. I was honestly willing to pay the exorbitant bids I put in but was frustrated by my competitor's tactic. None of my bids were made in anger and I only ever put in a single bid for an auction.

Having seen both sides of the argument ad nauseum and if I were forced to make a stand for one side I'd take the punishments but that's not to say I've done it or necessarily condone it. There's dishonesty on both ends as so calmly and eloquently articulated by that hockey guy.

There's a new RMA in town I think. zzz

conan.jpg

Which Conan film had the really cute blonde princess in it? I always thought she was hot.

conan.jpg

Which Conan film had the really cute blonde princess in it? I always thought she was hot.

The girl that says "You want to live forever?" If so, that's Conan the Barbarian.

You're misinterpreting this:

I never heard the term "punishment" bidding until I started this thread. I was honestly willing to pay the exorbitant bids I put in but was frustrated by my competitor's tactic. None of my bids were made in anger and I only ever put in a single bid for an auction.

Having seen both sides of the argument ad nauseum and if I were forced to make a stand for one side I'd take the punishments but that's not to say I've done it or necessarily condone it. There's dishonesty on both ends as so calmly and eloquently articulated by that hockey guy.

There's a new RMA in town I think. zzz

Ahhh, okay, so you yourself haven't done it but you condone it. Okay, so we agree to disagree. Although the stuff in bold makes me think you're covering your tracks. Just my opinion though.

conan.jpg

The one that says "You want to live forever?" If so, that's Conan the Barbarian.

I think you're right that it was Conan the Barbarian. It also had the basketball player in it (sorry, don't do basketball) he was her personal bodyguard. I apologize, I don't know the first thing about Conan other than Arnold was Conan and one film had that little, blonde, hottie that i'll never forget. Come to think of it, I never saw her in another film.

I think you're right that it was Conan the Barbarian. It also had the basketball player in it (sorry, don't do basketball) he was her personal bodyguard. I apologize, I don't know the first thing about Conan other than Arnold was Conan and one film had that little, blonde, hottie that i'll never forget. Come to think of it, I never saw her in another film.

Conan the Destroyer has the younger blonde (big sister in Wonder Years) and Wilt.

The one that says "You want to live forever?" If so, that's Conan the Barbarian.

Conan the Destroyer. Wilt Chamberlain.. and the blonde princess was Olivia D'Abo who went on to do many more movies.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001882/

Although the stuff in bold makes me think you're covering your tracks. Just my opinion though.

(shrug)

I'll PM you so the board doesn't have to sit through anymore of this.

Re: people who can't stand others disagreeing with them then resorting to childish insults:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1813210&page=0&fpart=1

Conan the Destroyer has the younger blonde (big sister in Wonder Years) and Wilt.

holy , that was the wonder years girl? I didn't care for her then, but man she was something else in the Conan movie.

Although the stuff in bold makes me think you're covering your tracks. Just my opinion though.

(shrug)

I'll PM you so the board doesn't have to sit through anymore of this.

Re: people who can't stand others disagreeing with them then resorting to childish insults:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1813210&page=0&fpart=1

I sent you a PM, and no there weren't any "childish insults" in it so I'd appreciate it if you would move on already and if you have anything to say to me, put it in a PM. Cheers.

Conan the Destroyer. Wilt Chamberlain.. and the blonde princess was Olivia D'Abo who went on to do many more movies.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001882/

(thumbs u

the movie you're talking about is the execrable Conan The Destroyer, co-starring Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain.

Or, Conan part II