• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

If you dig through some old threads you will see that Harry simply stacked them in a dresser drawer, no bags or boards which is just mind boggling when you think of it. Harry what's the notes on that J.I.M. #83 and is this book still available? Stain on the inside pages?

Hi SS;

the JIM 83 has a piece missing on an interior page. according to CGC's notes it's in the margin area only and affects no artwork of any kind. I'm not even sure if it's a story page or not.

Even with that info fully disclosed in a grading thread this past spring, the boards (44 responses) pegged this as a 7.5. It also has OW/White pages...

I might resub one time and hope for the best, but it's not cheap for a book of this value... :(

Finally own a copy of this book!

It's only a 1.5/1.8 beater but it's the first time I read the story and the two back-up stories were great too.

:D

66065.jpg.79f50b62f55bfcda6c6739b4d7cc1b0e.jpg

My favorite JIM cover. Kinda reminds you a little of FF1, Ditko style!

The splash page for Rro is by Kirby, the rest of the story by Heck. Quite a little gem!

JIM_58a.jpg

That is a sweet copy and a very cool cover! I'll have to pick that one up some day... :headbang:

A few low- to mid-grade Journey Into Mystery issues just received. (Seller's scans)

JiM 69 -- Iron Giant cover and story for the chemical element collection.

jim69.jpg

JiM 81 -- Gene Colan story with giant gorilla called Kunga. Marvel's sparkling originality strikes again! The Kirby panicking populace cover cracks me up. Even a flying hat!

jim81.jpg

JiM 123 -- classic Kirby floating heads cover. Nice fine to very fine copy. I remember it taking me a while to find a copy that was worth the price. This is an upgrade.

jim123.jpg

Jack

My favorite pre-code JIM! :cloud9:

JourneyIntoMystery16a.jpg

This one goes on the want list. Spectacular cover!! (worship)

Just to keep things straight, I was hoping some JIM expert would spot the change! :devil:

Here's my real book undoctored!

JourneyIntoMystery16.jpg

My favorite pre-code JIM! :cloud9:

JourneyIntoMystery16a.jpg

This one goes on the want list. Spectacular cover!! (worship)

Just to keep thing straight, I was hoping some JIM expert would spot the change! :devil:

Here's my real book undoctored!

JourneyIntoMystery16.jpg

Nice job. I prefer the variant. hm