• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES- Round 5

Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.

72 posts in this topic

I agree, although I don't think Darkseid is a Dr. Doon clone. On the other hand, I believe that Thanos is a definitely a Darkseid clone.

So are Darth Vader, Shredder, Destro and Klytus. All cool characters though.

Shredder as in the character from TMNT? I don't even know who Destro and Klytus are.

The WWBN 32 contingent has swayed me, and I've switched my vote from DD 131. MK must go!

now that's what i'm talkin bout!

Swampy 1 is next. so let it be written, so let it be done

No way, there are about 10 books that should be voted off before Swampy 1, such as TOD 10, DD 131, Superman 233, the first BA Two-Face, etc.

all books worthy of imminent dismissal. but all involve something new, whether a character or a revamp of the world's best selling campy superhero magazine.

Swamp Thing 1 brings nothing new to the table. It's the same rationale for dumping ASM 1 in the SA poll, afaic

My votes for the next few rounds....

Jimmy Olsen #135 - Darkseid (shrug)

Superman #233 - popular cover, but not much substance storywise hm

Batman #234 - BA Two Face (shrug)

Iron Fist #14 - sabertooth - good story, great artwork..but important???? Nah.

The WWBN 32 contingent has swayed me, and I've switched my vote from DD 131. MK must go!

No way, there are about 10 books that should be voted off before Swampy 1, such as TOD 10, DD 131, Superman 233, the first BA Two-Face, etc.

all books worthy of imminent dismissal. but all involve something new, whether a character or a revamp of the world's best selling campy superhero magazine.

Swamp Thing 1 brings nothing new to the table. It's the same rationale for dumping ASM 1 in the SA poll, afaic

Well, if that`s the basis of your argument you shouldn`t be voting against WWBN 32, after all it`s the first appearance of Moon Knight, no matter unimpressive a character he is.

Anyways, can`t we support Swampy #1 as the first in a series of some of the best cover art of the BA?

Well, if that`s the basis of your argument you shouldn`t be voting against WWBN 32, after all it`s the first appearance of Moon Knight, no matter unimpressive a character he is.

Anyways, can`t we support Swampy #1 as the first in a series of some of the best cover art of the BA?

And interiors. One of my favorite ever pages of comic art is when the old Shambling Mockery stops the car containing the Conclave's assassins in #1 (the single panel page). Wrightson was totally on top of his game at this point.

it's not the basis of my argument. even a second appearance of ST trumps MK in my book