• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superboy #2

9 posts in this topic

Ok, who has their 2003 OS handy? Can you give me the VF price on Superboy #2? This auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2191225601&category=68

has it with a BIN of $900 and claims the BIN is "well below guide". I have my doubts, since last year I bought a VF (8.0) Superboy #2 from Metropolis for $1500 that was unrestored. I would guess that good price for this PLOD beauty would be about $250.

What are y'all's thoughts?

Ok, who has their 2003 OS handy? Can you give me the VF price on Superboy #2? This auction:

has it with a BIN of $900 and claims the BIN is "well below guide". I have my doubts, since last year I bought a VF (8.0) Superboy #2 from Metropolis for $1500 that was unrestored. I would guess that good price for this PLOD beauty would be about $250.

A VF copy guides at $1,200.

A VF copy guides at $1,200.

Thanks!

Ok, so maybe $250 is a bit low for the restored one. But $900 seems pretty high to me. I guess I paid a bit over Guide, but that's ok. It's not like these issues are easy to find.

I guess I paid a bit over Guide, but that's ok. It's not like these issues are easy to find.

I think Superboy #2 is a pretty common enough issue, but probably not in VF or better. I don't think $1500 is too much for a book that guides $1200 if it's really a 8.0 quality book.

I guess I paid a bit over Guide, but that's ok. It's not like these issues are easy to find.

I think Superboy #2 is a pretty common enough issue, but probably not in VF or better. I don't think $1500 is too much for a book that guides $1200 if it's really a 8.0 quality book.

Well, I've never seen one better than the one I've got. I sold my old one, a Fa-G with tape all over it on eBay for $150, which was amazing to me.

Over the years I've seen very few of them (because I would have bought one to upgrade my horrible copy). And the one I have is one of two graded 8.0 (Unrestored) and they are the highest graded copies (restored or unrestored). There are only 10 copies graded, as opposed to number 1 which has 55 (there's a sweet 9.0 that looks better than the 9.2 that recently was auctioned off at Heritage). My copy is 7.5 (and lucky to be that, I think).

So if a number 2 in 8.5 or better shows up, I'm going for it! smile.gif I think a dream of upgrading my number 1 is a bit much though. frown.gif

I am very jealous of you with such a nice #1 and #2. My #2 is a raw copy I would grade at a 6.0. I have seen alot of two's but as I said in the first post, not ones as high as yours. If you ever upgrade your #1, let me take a crak at your 7.5 insane.gif