• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOCK a double strike.

185 posts in this topic

I've disagreed with him many times, probably more than I've agreed with him, and he has never resorted to personal attacks against me. (shrug) And I'm sure there are others here who can say the same.

Man, you really need to go over past threads involving him vs...anybody. "Others" as in 2 people? Maybe, but compare that to the "Scores" of forumites who have basked in the glow of his tantrums. I initially thought getting personally insulted by JC was a "right of passage" on these boards!

I hope he's viewing now; imagine reading all this withOUT being able to respond...? The pressure building up in him right now with no channel to "express" himself...wow, it must be like having to pee real bad while stuck in traffic. :pullhair:

Rick

I don't agree with this at all. One could come out on his side of an argument 99 times out of 100, but the one time you disagree with him, in a second he'd flame you as a flea brained reprobate of questionable breeding.

You're correct. I agree with quite a bit of what he posts, but I too have been slammed a few times. He doesn't play favorites.

That's one way of putting it.

Another way is that he has no friends.

I've disagreed with him in the past and it never escalated into juvenile attacks. But then again, I wasn't trying to instigate an argument...

Jim

He has lashed out at me a couple of times. Since he came back the last time, he's kept his cool with me. hm Maybe it was the logger's grip comment that scared him. :grin:

I sent out a couple of PM's before but either they said ask someone else or just ignored me.
Here ya go

I posted this before the software of the boards changed so it's a tad difficult to see which parts are quoted as many good posts didn't get "translated" into the "new" system....but it's still readable.

I don't agree with this at all. One could come out on his side of an argument 99 times out of 100, but the one time you disagree with him, in a second he'd flame you as a flea brained reprobate of questionable breeding.

You're correct. I agree with quite a bit of what he posts, but I too have been slammed a few times. He doesn't play favorites.

That's one way of putting it.

Another way is that he has no friends.

I've disagreed with him in the past and it never escalated into juvenile attacks. But then again, I wasn't trying to instigate an argument...

Jim

Yes you were!

I've disagreed with him many times, probably more than I've agreed with him, and he has never resorted to personal attacks against me. (shrug) And I'm sure there are others here who can say the same.

Man, you really need to go over past threads involving him vs...anybody. "Others" as in 2 people? Maybe, but compare that to the "Scores" of forumites who have basked in the glow of his tantrums. I initially thought getting personally insulted by JC was a "right of passage" on these boards!

I hope he's viewing now; imagine reading all this withOUT being able to respond...? The pressure building up in him right now with no channel to "express" himself...wow, it must be like having to pee real bad while stuck in traffic. :pullhair:

Rick

lol

Has anyone heard from the guy with two strikes and no balls?

Ouch.....................tell us how you feel, Shad..........

just finished watching a replay of the 1979 Yankee game following the death of Thurmon Munson. Bobby Murcer had 3 run HR and the game winning walk off 2 run double in a 5-4 win, as well as delivering the Eulogy that day............probably as fine a day as he ever had in major League baseball.

back on topic; somehow JC has managed to put up over 1700 posts since mid january after declaring himself off the boards due to an "opportunity" that would keep him away for quite awhile (maybe years). :o

He and i have dusted it up a few times and i'm truly sorry to have missed this battle with Tim. nevertheless, i couldn't totally stay out of this discussion. i've met Tim on a few occasions and found him to be a totally upstanding member of the comic community.

My feelings towards the "Bully" are quite different - i hope he stays the "F" away....... :sorry:

Has anyone heard from the guy with two strikes and no balls?

Ouch.....................tell us how you feel, Shad..........

just finished watching a replay of the 1979 Yankee game following the death of Thurmon Munson. Bobby Murcer had 3 run HR and the game winning walk off 2 run double in a 5-4 win, as well as delivering the Eulogy that day............probably as fine a day as he ever had in major League baseball.

I watched it on Monday night. Still brings a chill to see Murcer get that last hit.

why Martin didn't pinch-hit for him always escapes me.

What I have been searching high and low for is a video of the Friday nite game,the first one after he died. The Yankees come out for the National Anthem and leave the catcher postion open.The crowd whipped itself into a frenzy chanting Thurman...Thurman over and over for what seemed like quite awhile.Has anyone ever seen this rebroadcast?

Unfortunately as in any community you have complex dynamic of good and bad and this JC-less utopia many dream about will never happen because he would be replaced with another JC like person to fill his shoes.

Better the devil you know. :devil:

Unfortunately as in any community you have complex dynamic of good and bad and this JC-less utopia many dream about will never happen because he would be replaced with another JC like person to fill his shoes.

Hmmm...the replacement bully and braggard must have failed to show up during the years, oops, I mean months, that JC was gone exploring his new "opportunity". (shrug)

Hmmm...the replacement bully and braggard must have failed to show up during the years, oops, I mean months, that JC was gone exploring his new "opportunity". (shrug)

I forgot to ask why he was back so soon. Did they let him out for good behavior?

the fact that folks are still posting to this thread shows the impact(good or bad) that JC has on this forum. If you truely don't care, don't post. Otherwise you're getting what you ask for.