• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When is the best time to sell your comics on Ebay??

19 posts in this topic

I think alot of people here have also said try and list your auctions so they end Sunday evening as most people are home then. Friday and Saturday nights, you may have perspective buyers headed out on the town.

hello all...

I always list my auctions to end Sunday afternoon...seems to be the best time for bidding..I have also found that collectors don't take summers off....while many "casual" ebayers might not frequent as much during the summer as the winter months, collectors are, by habit, "collectors" irregardless of the month, etc...so, you might say, well if that is true, then why does it matter what day to end?...I would respond you will likely get a potentially higher bid on a sunday due to availability of folks, but any day you list something to end, that someone really wants, trust me, they are watching and waiting :)

gator

hello all...

I always list my auctions to end Sunday afternoon...seems to be the best time for bidding..I have also found that collectors don't take summers off....while many "casual" ebayers might not frequent as much during the summer as the winter months, collectors are, by habit, "collectors" irregardless of the month, etc...so, you might say, well if that is true, then why does it matter what day to end?...I would respond you will likely get a potentially higher bid on a sunday due to availability of folks, but any day you list something to end, that someone really wants, trust me, they are watching and waiting :)

gator

:insane:

Totally agree, Sunday afternoon, evenings are the best time. that's why you'll see a lot of the big boys having their auctions ending (check J&S comics for example) on Sunday night. I've tried on different days and Sundays always seem to work better for me as well, even though I still list during the week sometimes to get to the money before it's spent on the weekends and before someone spots something more desirable!!!!

If a high value comic avoid listing at the same time or just after big auctions and conventions.

People tend to be focusing on these events and therefore cut down their e-bay spending in anticipation of or after a major purchase.

Never if you truly enjoy having them, anytime if you don't, but...if you love your comics, want to pass them on for profit, and have fun doing it then keep these few things in mind. 50% of America is on a bi-weekly pay schedule which means they have much more disposable every two weeks than at other times. The government pays on the 1st and 15th of every month. Stay away from Jan and February when everyone is recovering from the holidays. March, April and May are great because everyone is getting thier kicker tax return and has money to blow. Lastly, for some reason, if you use ebay, listing a seven day auction between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. eastern time on the second and third thursdays of the month has magical results. Sunday evenings are definately good too.

Sunday evening... it is the time when nearly everyone has finished up their weekend, is dreading Monday morning, and is looking for something to make the week positive... What could be better than buying comics, and having something to look forward to that is completely separate from whatever the workweek has in store?

I did better any day starting from the middle of October, That is the beginning of the Holiday Rush. Now with the new changes, I am not sure it will be the same.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the changes you are referring to? I've never sold on eBay, but was interested in starting some auctions in a few weeks.

No time is good to sell your stuff on ebay, unless you have key issues of major series and want to give them away. Just because one day or time works for one person doesn't mean it will work for you.

Do your home work and find out when the peak times that most books are sold and stay away from that because you have more people to compete with & chances are you'll just fund the ebay people with your money.