• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethics Quiz

50 posts in this topic

Here's a set of questions to answer. No humming and hah'ing, just YES or NO.

There's an old guy (65+) running a tag sale. Seems like a nice gent, (kinda like your grandpa) and he is selling the following (everything is legit / i.e. not counterfeit):

1) Stacks of actual $100 US bills for 10-cents each. Would you buy?

2) Transferable Bonds in $1,000 increments for $1 a piece. Would you buy?

3) The Deed to his house (est. $100K) for $100. Would you buy?

4) $100,000 worth of GA and SA NM comics for $100. Would you buy?

There's an old guy (65+) running a tag sale. Seems like a nice gent, (kinda like your grandpa) and he is selling the following (everything is legit / i.e. not counterfeit):

1) yes

2)yes

3)no

4) yes and then fly to Sarasota...then aruba for 3 weeks and wait for my books to arrive when i get back. devil.gif

Yes to all the above...then I would find this gentleman the medical/phsycological attention that he sorely needs... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the reply G, and although I don't agree with the choices, thanks for actually posting the answers. This thread is not about judging.

Here's mine:

1) No

2) No

3) NO WAY!

4) Yes

After that, I'd do the best to get the $$$, the bonds and deeds back in the house, and call a family member. Then I'd sell all his NM GA books to you old fogies 27_laughing.gif, send him the money and keep the SA as a sales commission.

See, I'm not totally altruistic.

C'mon Joe, just b/c the guy was born in the Golden Age doesn't mean you have to post the quiz in the GA forum!! wink.gif

In fact if anywhere, this post belongs in the Water Cooler as it has nothing to do with comics and as POV pointed out yesterday, we're not here to take ethics lessons, we're here to talk about comic books... confused-smiley-013.gif

I would buy it all, then when that house deed was signed over to me I would kick his senile old to the curb for trespassing on my property. I would then rush into my new house jump on the forums and brag about my new comics that I just ripped some old guy off to get...

Straight to hell baby...straight to hell. When I get there I will reserve a place for those people that see fit to pass judgement on the decisions that others make and how they live their lives.

Straight to hell baby...straight to hell. When I get there I will reserve a place for those people that see fit to pass judgement on the decisions that others make and how they live their lives.

Here's a hint, don't hold your breath waiting for me. Oh, and say hi to Chuckie for us!

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes. If the guy is dumb enough to sell all of these things for $100, more power to me!

I would take all four items,...shoot the old man once in the head,....take my money back,..and bury him behind the garage with a couple of big scoops of lime on top...any questions??...good.

J.D.

Not if I get to the senile old [!@#%^&^] first! tongue.gif

There's young guy or girl - in their 20's - running a tag sale. Seems like a nice person, kinda like your brother or sister and he/she is selling the following (everything is legit / i.e. not counterfeit):

Ok,...one more time.....

I would take all four items,...shoot the young girl/guy once in the head,....take my money back,..and bury her/him behind the garage with a couple of big scoops of lime on top...any questions??...good.

J.D.

Ok,...one more time.....

I would take all four items,...shoot the young girl/guy once in the head,....take my money back,..and bury her/him behind the garage with a couple of big scoops of lime on top...any questions??...good.

J.D.

Exactly, you guys'd cap your own gramma to get ahold of the greenbacks, so why would the age of a stranger matter?

Ok,...one more time.....

J.D.

Exactly, you guys'd cap your own gramma to get ahold of the greenbacks, so why would the age of a stranger matter?

Hey, hey, hey,...no one ever proved that,...she fell down the stairs.

J.D.

After that, I'd do the best to get the $$$, the bonds and deeds back in the house, and call a family member. Then I'd sell all his NM GA books to you old fogies , send him the money and keep the SA as a sales commission.

It sounds like you setup the poll just so you could post your own answers.