• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

collectablestuff4ever (newleafcomics4you) - eBay scammer of the month.

44 posts in this topic

Hi All,

This is my first post on these boards, but have been watching for awhile now.

I was actually looking at some of his auctions, but after this post I will surely stay away. Is there anywhere on these boards that list names of Ebay sellers who severly overgrade?

there is a thread somewhere that lists exactly the type of thing you're asking

try using the search function to help

There a bunch of krappy Ebay sellers mentioned here in the past. I would like also to have a thread saying which Ebay sellers to avoid but I dont think its possible for CGC to sticky this type of thread (shrug)

it's not the frigging wrong book. the scan has clearly - CLEARLY - been cropped to remove flaws, and it wouldn't surprise me if the sonofaperson_without_enough_empathy adjusted the hue/saturation of the image to reduce the fading and general wear on the book.

this guy is a scumbag. scumbags don't get the "benefit of the doubt," they get chargebacks and NEGS

:sumo:

oh, and when i say "cropped" i don't mean the generic type of cropping, done by scanner software. the book is at an angle, and the cropping follows the angles of the book, rather than the "squaring off" effect one would expect from the more innocent autoscan cropping. clearly there was an intent to deceive with this auction, and i would stay very far away from this POS if i were anyone here

I made a mistake of winning his Marvel spotlight #5 in NM- and it arrived in VF- with color touch up. He uses the same pic on his auctions and evern said he sent me his nicest copy out of his 5 copies.. Yeah right! I sent it back yesterday for a full refund.. I paid $330! I wish I had read this thread before bidding :pullhair: I guess well see how long it takes to get my refund hm

I made a mistake of winning his Marvel spotlight #5 in NM- and it arrived in VF- with color touch up. He uses the same pic on his auctions and evern said he sent me his nicest copy out of his 5 copies.. Yeah right! I sent it back yesterday for a full refund.. I paid $330! I wish I had read this thread before bidding :pullhair: I guess well see how long it takes to get my refund hm

Considering there are two of us (or more) requesting a refund on the CGC boards from this guy, something is whispering that it's going to be a while.

:frustrated:

I was bidding on the same books. Glad I lost. That sucks, I have purchased a few books from that seller and they were "pretty much" as described. After the amount of problems others have had with this clown I will certainly not bid on anymore comics he has for sale.

Considering there are two of us (or more) requesting a refund on the CGC boards from this guy, something is whispering that it's going to be a while.

:frustrated:

Well, will wonders never cease. Full refund (including postage) came through this evening. No negative feedback or Paypal claims necessary.....it's a danged Christmas miracle!

Hope the rest of you get your $$ (or correct books) soon. :wishluck:

maybe the guy saw this thread and tried to change his name to avoid the bad publicity?

His severely over graded books should gives him enough bad publicity. A thread like this is almost like throwing wood into a fire. Which hopefully gets big enough to ends his scamming ways

What ebay needs is less sellers like collectablestuff4ever.

What ebay needs is less sellers like collectablestuff4ever.

What Ebay needs are more buyers who aren't afraid to leave a well deserved neg when clowns like this KNOWINGLY try to pass off overgraded books and play the percentages hoping that nobody will complain.

Offering a 100% return policy means absolutely NOTHING here. It does not grant him any good will in my book. He does it knowing that only a small percentage will return the books and so that he can avoid negative feedback.

This guy needs to be shut down or be delivered a sharp kick to groin $ wise. I think I'll win a few of his cheaper auctions and if they''re overgraded I'll Neg him all the way to China.

Hi All,

This is my first post on these boards, but have been watching for awhile now.

I was actually looking at some of his auctions, but after this post I will surely stay away. Is there anywhere on these boards that list names of Ebay sellers who severly overgrade?

Are you the same HH that is in Roseburg?