• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE QP 10.0'S "RARE"?

What percentage of comics do you think would get a QP 10.0?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of comics do you think would get a QP 10.0?

26 posts in this topic

makes sense. To some extent (arguable right?)

CGC already does take QP into consideration.

Therefore they should disclose the grade for it .

I think CGC should only grade the "condition/wear" of comics, and miswraps, miscuts, etc.. should be dealt with seperately .

Like you said, unless CGC notes the production defect deduction on their label.....I would prefer that CGC ignore such defects in their grading.

makes sense. To some extent (arguable right?)

CGC already does take QP into consideration.

Therefore they should disclose the grade for it .

To the minimal extent CGC takes QP into consideration, I think it would be impossible to give any idea of grade. As Steve has mentioned many times, the initial CGC setup had dealers stating that production flaws are not important to grade.

Well duh! Next we should ask the fox whether to leave the henhouse door open.

If PQ didn't already represent Page Quality , I could have used it to represent Production Quality .

So I decided to use QP ( Quality of Production ) instead.

I think that QP should have it's own grade seperate from CGC's grade for "condition".

The QP grade can be determined " straight off the presses " prior to handling .

I think a QP grade of a 10.0 could have a substantial impact on CGC 9.0's & 9.2's..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you should use all this as your sig line. 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

If PQ didn't already represent Page Quality , I could have used it to represent Production Quality .

So I decided to use QP ( Quality of Production ) instead.

I think that QP should have it's own grade seperate from CGC's grade for "condition".

The QP grade can be determined " straight off the presses " prior to handling .

I think a QP grade of a 10.0 could have a substantial impact on CGC 9.0's & 9.2's..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you should use all this as your sig line. 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Hmmm.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif