• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES- Round 13

Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.

38 posts in this topic

I think HFH1, DD 158, IM 55 should be one of the ones to go next None of them really stand out thanos is pretty much a lame villian anymore, Miller on DD (yawn) HFH Ok so he's African American, After these ASM 121, X-men 101, Cerebus 1. TEC 395 should drop off the list after these.

You see that FF 18 for sale in the marketplace? :baiting:

Yeah I got busted for using the internet at work during my lunch no less so I am buying a PDA w/ wi-fi in order to get around it, so my money is tied up at the moment.

:censored:

Good luck with the PDA. (thumbs u

I think HFH1, DD 158, IM 55 should be one of the ones to go next None of them really stand out thanos is pretty much a lame villian anymore, Miller on DD (yawn) HFH Ok so he's African American, After these ASM 121, X-men 101, Cerebus 1. TEC 395 should drop off the list after these.

You see that FF 18 for sale in the marketplace? :baiting:

Yeah I got busted for using the internet at work during my lunch no less so I am buying a PDA w/ wi-fi in order to get around it, so my money is tied up at the moment.

:censored:

Good luck with the PDA. (thumbs u

lol

I 2nd the good luck getting that PDA quickly

Yeah it sucks. I would get into work a 1/2 hour earlier and relax reading the boards while getting my day started and Then I would check up again during my lunch 1/2 hour. They tried to claim I was on the computer almost 21% of my work time. Asked asked them to look at the times in relation to my work schedule. Said I still violated their policy. They even included the hours I did on the internet for my job requirements. (Stupid Government Job) My 1st time being in trouble in my entire work career, stretching almost 20yrs. They threaten to not make me supervisor something I have been doing for a year anyway without the pay. Less stress and same pay hmmmm... How quickly they forget the working on my days off w/o pay my superior performance awards. Staying later without pay doing extra work beyond my regular duties. Consigning unused City equipment and getting thousands of dollars back into the general funds more than if the items went to auction. (jerks)

Back on topic Save TEC 395!!!!!

I hate to boot a DC, but 'Tec 395 is truly the weakest member of the list now.

No way, that would be HFH #1. Yes, it was the first solo title for an African American character, but it was a lowest tier Marvel title from the get go that only lasted as long as it did because they were able to scrape together enough fans with the Iron Fist Team-Up to keep the book on life support into the 80s. If not for the movie rumors and its relatively tough to find in high grade black picture frame cover, this book would not have been on the original list to begin with.

Cerebus, Luke Cage, Tec 395. In that order for all reasons stated previously. I just happen to really like Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams the most so I'm delaying my vote against them the longest. Never followed the Aardvark, so he got the first vote.

I've been laying off Cerebus because I don't know anything about it, but as soon as we get Luke Cage off I'm going to have to consider it.

I agree that Detective 395 does not stand out as a huge book, not because Adams/O'neill wasn't a great team, but because the book wasn't the beginning of a coherent series, like Miller's Daredevil was. I mean, what did Adams draw, 10 books (actually, it looks more like 8 in the guide). And it was intermittent.

Fill in the blank - Tec 395 you are the weakest ________ _______!

Save Cage! Save Cage!!!!! He was like Marvel's version of Shaft!

Who's the black private

That's a sex machine to all the chicks?

(Cage!)

You're damn right

Who is the man

That would risk his neck for his brother man?

(Cage!)

Can ya dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out

When there's danger all about

(Cage!)

Right on

You see this cat Cage is a bad mother--

(Shut your mouth)

But I'm talkin' about Cage

(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated man

But no one understands him but his woman

(Luke Cage)

Who's the black private

(Cage!)

You're damn right

Who is the man

(Cage!)

Can ya dig it?

(Cage!)

Right on

(Shut your mouth)

(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated man

(Luke Cage)

Toro that's some kick reasoning to keep him alive

lol

Who's the black private

(Cage!)

You're damn right

Who is the man

(Cage!)

Can ya dig it?

(Cage!)

Right on

(Shut your mouth)

(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated man

(Luke Cage)

Toro that's some kick reasoning to keep him alive

lol

But alas, poor Luke got the Shaft! (Poor pun intended)