• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable Spidey OA

44 posts in this topic

I think you should go all out and get a nice sketch by Romita. He's really the definitive artist for Spider-man. Try romitaman.com. They have a plethora of pages and sketches by various artists. I won some nice sketches on ebay as well. I got a rushed pencil sketch for $100 and a real nice full figure detailed sketch for $650. You have to decide what you want. Personally, I would strive for a piece from an artist who's work is identified with spider-man, like the Romitas, Todd Mcfarlane, Ross Andru, Erik Larsen and Bagley.

lol I think you missed the header on this thread snoidman: Affordable. I'm just looking for another supplement to my comic collecting. Based on everything I found done by the "big names," I would need to invest hundred if not thousands (and sometimes multiples of thousands) of dollars into a piece of OA.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get a piece by those guys, but I 1. don't have that much free money and 2. don't want to committ that much money into OA just yet. They fall less into the affordable realm and more into the investment side of this hobby it seems.

Nice! Yeah, I contacted them to check on prices. There was one that I liked, but it just didn't take hold of me like the Frenz. Still, the price was really, really reasonable for someone like Joe Sinnott. Definitely some nice pieces to be found there though.

And thanks again for the reference to John's site. I'm really, really happy with that piece.