• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,502 posts in this topic

I thought you had already told me about the book. But it does look great in the scan. Ive got a 9.2 i bought off of paperheart.

How is the story?

who the heck knows? i don't read these things anymore...

doh!

contemplating getting out of the hobby altogether.

(shrug)

I thought you had already told me about the book. But it does look great in the scan. Ive got a 9.2 i bought off of paperheart.

How is the story?

doh!

(shrug)

seriously?

How is the story?

doh!

(shrug)

You stop reading old comics, where in today's world will you find charm and wonder?

How is the story?

:o

How is the story?

doh!

(shrug)

seriously?

yeah, seriously. of course, some contemplation takes longer than others, but i'm leaning that way atm. the only thing i like about this hobby these days are the people, and i'm beginning - with a few exceptions - to sour on that part too.

i will have to find charm in classic movies. i know it's got to be in there somewhere

i will have to find charm in classic movies. i know it's got to be in there somewhere

My favorite is Sunset Boulevarde.

just watched that this week. i :cloud9: Billy Wilder

What are those, plates?

Thank god we`re finally on p.3 of this thread and I no longer have to scan wa-a-a-y right to read every post after Spunkydo`s humongo scans. :banana:

They were from the Warner Brothers Gallery. Art by Alex Ross.

cgc-greenlantern40-96.jpg

Great color on that cover! (thumbs u

Sad story of the day.

I went to Baltimore with a few forum buddies this weekend. I picked up a few sweet sweet GL's before I begin my tale of woe. A sweet #2 8.5 and a sweet 80 9.6 :acclaim:

So, i was just browsing today when I walk past a guys booth (cant remember his name) who was backed up against Dave Kapelka (if any of you guys who went remember) and he had a Gl 40 that catches my eye.

So, i look and he has it labeled at VF/NM and $450. So I go hm

I ask him for a look and he gladly takes it out of the bag. My first reaction is :whatthe: this GD thing is nice. Blazing white cover. 9.2 pops into my head :wishluck: check out the back cover. A ok. Check out the interior pages, pq is white :banana: then I go to the staples :tonofbricks: the bottom staple was almost completely rusted away. The top staple was starting to turn. It was sad as I would have found a way to buy that book. An unbelieveable book, looked great, but with staples that were almost done. :flamed: sad day i tell ya, sad day

cgc-greenlantern40-96.jpg

Great color on that cover! (thumbs u

I agree! I've always liked taht cover. Is the story inside as good as the cover?

Yes, it is. You know that it's the story that Crisis on Infinite Earth was based on, right?

Does anyone have a scan of the splash panel with the tidal wave? Unfortunately mine (3 ranging from an absolute beater to decent vg!) are miles away or I'd scan it. One of the best splashes of the Silver Age.

It wasn't reprinted except in a digest for many years, but I think it's become available in a few places more recently.

Jack

I'm pretty excited because later today I am going to be buying a low grade Showcase 22! I hope to upgrade next year but it will have to do for now. My annoying question is does anyone have gpa info for a CGC 2.5 copy? Thanks so much in advance! I will be sure to post pictures if the deal goes through!

I'm pretty excited because later today I am going to be buying a low grade Showcase 22! I hope to upgrade next year but it will have to do for now. My annoying question is does anyone have gpa info for a CGC 2.5 copy? Thanks so much in advance! I will be sure to post pictures if the deal goes through!

That's awesome. So are you picking it up from an LCS or a private dealer? I moved from Michigan a few years ago but I visit twice a year and I'm always looking for a decent LCSthat has a good back issue selection.