• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
4 4

1,503 posts in this topic

I'm pretty excited because later today I am going to be buying a low grade Showcase 22! I hope to upgrade next year but it will have to do for now. My annoying question is does anyone have gpa info for a CGC 2.5 copy? Thanks so much in advance! I will be sure to post pictures if the deal goes through!

That's awesome. So are you picking it up from an LCS or a private dealer? I moved from Michigan a few years ago but I visit twice a year and I'm always looking for a decent LCSthat has a good back issue selection.

I am picking it up from another collector. Where at in Michigan are you from/do you visit? I live in the southern part of it. As far as back issues go, there are some descent stores that have a bunch of random fill-ins and minor keys. Kalamazoo has Fanfare (though they just had a huge sale and are pretty picked through right now), Battle Creek has Discount Hobby, Jackson has Nostalgia ink and another place, Lansing has Capital City Comics which is just ok, Grand Rapids has a few places. But if you want one of the best selections in the country, Motor City Comics in the Detroit area.

I'm pretty excited because later today I am going to be buying a low grade Showcase 22! I hope to upgrade next year but it will have to do for now. My annoying question is does anyone have gpa info for a CGC 2.5 copy? Thanks so much in advance! I will be sure to post pictures if the deal goes through!

:applause:

(3.0) (8) 392.03 (3) 439.05 (2) 461.50 540.00 540/337 Aug 2007 National P 1 1959 1

(2.5) - 300.00 - - 300.00 - Jul 2004

here are a few that I had on photobucket.

I think that the 11 was the first appearance of the GL Corps on the cover.

The 17 is one of the books from my original collection. When I got back into collecting I put the little green dot on the bag of my original books co that I could easily recognize them later

gl11.jpg

gl17.jpg

gl20.jpg

(3.0) (8) 392.03 (3) 439.05 (2) 461.50 540.00 540/337 Aug 2007 National P 1 1959 1

(2.5) - 300.00 - - 300.00 - Jul 2004

Thanks so much!!!!! (worship)

the 11 is one of my favorite covers! How is the story? or do i dare even ask?

I haven't read it in years, but as I recall, it doesn't suck! :banana:

It was reprinted in the back of one of the Adams GL/GA issues, which is where I first saw it.

Thanks bro! Ive got more GL's but my scanner just mauls slabs. So to get anything scanned, I have to take em to school. I havent had time to do that and i hope I can soon. I want to eventually get scans up for all of my slabs in my registry. Ive added descriptions to all of them already :banana:

Here's one my wife got me for my bday (posted in General but thought i'd add to this thead for those that don't make their way up there that often):

gl59.jpg

Another one off the list. Slowly working my way towards a complete run.