• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,502 posts in this topic

The cover of #21 always makes me wonder what was wrong that month. Were Kane and Anderson in a rush? It seems the weakest of the original run. The layout is mediocre, the figures are too far in the background, and the cover blurb is typeset rather than hand-lettered with the lousy contrast choice of red on an orange background.

Does anyone else agree? Were there other hands involved in this cover? Was there something odd going on at DC in early 1963 when the issue was in production?

Jack

Here`s what my GL collection looked like before Spunkydo cleared me out:

GroupShotGL-1.jpg

The cover of #21 always makes me wonder what was wrong that month. Were Kane and Anderson in a rush? It seems the weakest of the original run. The layout is mediocre, the figures are too far in the background, and the cover blurb is typeset rather than hand-lettered with the lousy contrast choice of red on an orange background.

Does anyone else agree?

Never thought about it, but you`ve made a good point. hm

a book in my photobucket account...

GreenLantern51.jpg

submit that one. If it comes back 9.4 ill trade you my 9.2 +$$$ hm

oh no, this is a case where the scan makes the book look better than in hand. it's a vf, maybe a vf+

but thankee for the kind words. btw, it's a dupe copy of mine that you've already passed on :gossip:

I thought you had already told me about the book. But it does look great in the scan. Ive got a 9.2 i bought off of paperheart.

How is the story?

who the heck knows? i don't read these things anymore...

I thought you had already told me about the book. But it does look great in the scan. Ive got a 9.2 i bought off of paperheart.

How is the story?

who the heck knows? i don't read these things anymore...

doh!