• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink auction starts tomorrow...what are you going after?

293 posts in this topic

Billy, I thought that the Fantastic 2 was one of the most desirable under-the-radar items in the auction.

It's a great book, and while I have a decent copy around Fine, I lusted after that copy as soon as I saw it...but did not bid.

Crack and scan when you get it!

:golfclap::applause::golfclap:

if i crack it, write "Lamont" on it real pretty and THEN scan it, what will you give me for it?

and thanks very much, sir.

lol

here it is pre-Lamont.

RAD6F02A2007717_16434.jpg

Way to go Billy!!!

:applause:

Tim, any idea who the cover artist is?

No idea Jeff, but it looks like the same artist did several greytone LR covers around the same time. Perhaps one of the more scholarly individuals on these boards could shed some light. Here's the LR #31 that I picked up on Heritage in August, which looks like it could be the same artist.

LoneRanger31.jpg

man, that's amazing; how could that artist in 1951 know exactly what ciorac and detective27kid were going to look like as adults in order to so perfectly capture them on that cover??? and in profile, no less.

I knew you liked my mask :baiting:

Yeah, and I've long since shaved my mustache.... (shrug)

No idea Jeff, but it looks like the same artist did several greytone LR covers around the same time. Perhaps one of the more scholarly individuals on these boards could shed some light. Here's the LR #31 that I picked up on Heritage in August, which looks like it could be the same artist.

LoneRanger31.jpg

man, that's amazing; how could that artist in 1951 know exactly what ciorac and detective27kid were going to look like as adults in order to so perfectly capture them on that cover??? and in profile, no less.

You guys sure he wasn't referring to the posteriors of the two horses? :baiting::foryou:

Yay for me. Now I just need #4 to fill out the run.

I don't think I've seen one of those, which may be why you are so excited to finally catch up with one! :headbang:

LoneRanger31.jpg

You guys sure he wasn't referring to the posteriors of the two horses? :baiting::foryou:

He's not that clever :gossip: