• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA ASM Collectors- What are your thoughts?

62 posts in this topic

Forrest, Check to see if the spine is glued, the staples should be UNDER the cover on that issue, the tops sometimes press through...but I'm a little confused about your description, and 3 sounds like one too much... if they are equadistant, then all three were probably added, if they show on the TOP of the cover, as in you see the heads going through the cover, they were definitely added...in that case, it probably IS a fair..and I'd pass..

They really are not that hard to find...tough, but not that bad...good luck either way

No, I can't say that I have. If you are ever in the Waterbury area, Legends is literally just off Exit 18 (I-84). Great place, and while stuff is generally priced at OSPG, I find they are always grading more strictly than any other dealer in the area. I might have to check that place out though if I'm in Newton sometime...

It's real easy to get to. Right off 84.

Forrest, Check to see if the spine is glued, the staples should be UNDER the cover on that issue, the tops sometimes press through...but I'm a little confused about your description, and 3 sounds like one too much... if they are equadistant, then all three were probably added, if they show on the TOP of the cover, as in you see the heads going through the cover, they were definitely added...in that case, it probably IS a fair..and I'd pass..

They really are not that hard to find...tough, but not that bad...good luck either way

Agree with you on all of the above!!! This book is not all that hard to find at all. You want something tough look for some Centaur comics!! Any issue or title!!!

Anyway, I sold a CGC 5.5 copy this past year for about $200,00. On E-Bay you'll see them every single day of the week. Be patient and you''ll find a good deal!!!

Best of luck and happy hunting!!!

Oh!!! Did I mention this is my Favorite Amazing Spiderman Book!!!!!

Well, that's just Owl- I'm not really up for dropping $200 on this one. Even if it is 5.5, I'm really into snagging low-grades and have yet to really crack into the triple digit sale prices on a single book (came close with a 2.5 ASM #3 though at $87.50). Most of the ones I've seen going on ebay have been comprable in price (give or take $10) but have presented in FAR worse shape than this.

Honestly, I crunched the numbers and if this one is in fact restored to a VG/VG+ then it's only worth 1/4 of the normal OSPG ($170-$200)... which is exactly what I'm paying. And I really have no issues with minor resto so I've already greenlighted this one for pickup. BUT, I'll still post some pics so we can make a final decision on it's status :grin:

Well, that's just Owl- I'm not really up for dropping $200 on this one. Even if it is 5.5, I'm really into snagging low-grades and have yet to really crack into the triple digit sale prices on a single book (came close with a 2.5 ASM #3 though at $87.50). Most of the ones I've seen going on ebay have been comprable in price (give or take $10) but have presented in FAR worse shape than this.

Honestly, I crunched the numbers and if this one is in fact restored to a VG/VG+ then it's only worth 1/4 of the normal OSPG ($170-$200)... which is exactly what I'm paying. And I really have no issues with minor resto so I've already greenlighted this one for pickup. BUT, I'll still post some pics so we can make a final decision on it's status :grin:

That's Great!!!! I know you are gonna love this book!!! Look forward to seeing the scan!!! Congrats!!!! (thumbs u

BUT, I'll still post some pics so we can make a final decision on it's status :grin:

Whoa, whoa, final decision? This is only Day 5 of the thread! Don't rush into anything..... :baiting:

:signfunny:

buy..... scan...and hear the howls....

lol Well, I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon so all will be known then. So, this will no doubt end up being my big purchase for the show. But, here's to hoping for some cheap silver reader ASMs! :wishluck:

lol That slow a weekend? There are some good college ball games on right now... ;)

Actually, I think he's a Mets fan. Jon, are they in or out?

lol That slow a weekend? There are some good college ball games on right now... ;)

Actually, I think he's a Mets fan. Jon, are they in or out?

:eek:

I witnessed the first game which started this historic meltdown...something to tell the grandchildren. lol

Well, after many long days and hours of waiting, the ASM Annual 1 has arrived! Yes, feast your eyes on the latest low-grade addition to my longbox!

Insides are fully intact w/o any tears, OW, and relatively sharp corners (just some minor blunting). I'm half tempted to remove the staples as the binding on this book is exceptionaly tight. I'm leaving the two pieces of tape alone though as I don't want to chance pulling something off. No immediate signs of color touch from what I can tell, but more experienced collector's would know better. And yes, the cover is just about as white as it scans- albeit a couple little scuff marks here and there (not sure how well they show on the scanner.

ASMAnnual1-Front.jpg

ASMAnnual1-Back.jpg

Well, after many long days and hours of waiting, the ASM Annual 1 has arrived! Yes, feast your eyes on the latest low-grade addition to my longbox!

Insides are fully intact w/o any tears, OW, and relatively sharp corners (just some minor blunting). I'm half tempted to remove the staples as the binding on this book is exceptionaly tight. I'm leaving the two pieces of tape alone though as I don't want to chance pulling something off. No immediate signs of color touch from what I can tell, but more experienced collector's would know better. And yes, the cover is just about as white as it scans- albeit a couple little scuff marks here and there (not sure how well they show on the scanner.

ASMAnnual1-Front.jpg

ASMAnnual1-Back.jpg

I would have to guess those staples were added (didn't the dealer have an opinion on this?)...I'd remove them if I could without further damaging the book...

NICE BOOK! (thumbs u