• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129

65 posts in this topic

Lets face it the seller isn't going to try and conceal a huge waterstain without saying anything, not with his feedback

If I had a dollar for every krappy comic seller I have seen with stellar feedback...

Feedback is next to meaningless when trying to gauge someone's ability to grade. In fact, relying on it is an excellent way to get burned.

That may be but I'd make you a one hundred dollar bet that there is no huge waterstain on the back of that book...

I'm not psychic, I was using a water stain as an example to illustrate a point...which you obviously missed. doh!

Come on buddy, just having a little fun. You took one thing that I said out of the context of a longer post, and made it seem like I think that a seller having a high feedback is the only thing that matters when looking to buy a pricey ungraded book. If you read the whole post thats not what I was saying. My point was that having some kind of major league defect purposely concealed on a big name auction by a seller with 240 feedback 100% positive with no history of neutrals or people thanking him for returns, and also given the very pristine and well cared for appearance of the front cover, makes that unlikely-and I think that is a sound opinion. With that said, I also indicated that what is totally possible is that there are a couple of minute defects back there which could reduce the book to 9.0 or 9.2-and in this case thats all you need for a bad deal. In my own opinion I think that having all the visual information is really the key before spending a lot of money on a raw book. You don't have that here and the book is being bid way up so for me its a no-go. But I also respect this guys just liking the way this book looks and wanting to take a chance on it. Nothing in this game is 100%....

I think you guys are on the same page but seem to be arguing? lol honestly we all think it is a nice book just saying the same thing in different ways. Guys we all know that ebay scans and pics arent seeing books in hand. That feedback is a tool for the seller and not the buyer. Relax and take deep breaths lol alright now how much is this nice ASM 129 up to?

Unless I get a response from the seller to my requests/questions. It wont be at that price very long. I'm willing to take a chance. But not if the seller doesn't respond back to me. That would be a mistake I just wont make. Pretty much tells me something IS wrong with the book. He has perfect feedback on some very nice book's. Hopefully he is just busy and he will send the FC/BC scans and the answers to my questions by tonight.. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for all the grades and comments. There much appreciated.. I gotta get back to that pipe now lol......

Please post BC scan (& larger front scan) if you get them, would love to see. (thumbs u

But I much agree with these guys...I definitely wouldn't gamble without seeing the BC scan. It's easy to imagine even an honest seller overlooking something minor on the back...maybe a small NCB corner fold, or spine wear that shows more on the back...that would hurt the technical grade.

Lets face it the seller isn't going to try and conceal a huge waterstain without saying anything, not with his feedback

If I had a dollar for every krappy comic seller I have seen with stellar feedback...

. . . I'd be a rich man. :insane:

Hi,

I will try and get the scans to you within the next day or so. No restoration that I am aware of at all. Complete, no missing pages, nor anything of the sort. Page color is white.

thanks

OMC

This is the e-mail I got back from OMC. I will gladly give him a day to get the bigger scans of the FC/BC. I know what it's like to get busy. That is understandable. But not 2 days.. That is a bit to much. Especially when it looks like a very nice, good dollar book. Let's hope he does get the scans sent within a day. When I get them, I will post them here for you all to give your opinions.. Thanks Again for all the input. The closest I've come to being burned on EBay happened with a FF 48. I disagreed with the grade he gave. Some flaws we not readily visible on the scans. We ended up leaving neutral feedback for each other. But it was a honest difference of opinion on the grade.

The closest I came to getting scammed on ebay was that I actually got scammed by that d-bag "comic-seller". I sent him almost 300$ for two supposedly nm/m ASMs and he gave me the runaround for two months and never sent me the books and if I ever see him on the street i'm gonna pull a charlie bronson!

Make My Day...