• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any time now...

16 posts in this topic

Any of you who know my ASM collecting habits are familiar with some of the books I've been starting to eyeball. Let's face it, we're getting down to the wire- a couple books in the 50s, 80s, and 90s, and then I'm just about done with the 1st 100 issues. Leaving me with the big ones from the 1st 10... and I've already nabbed 1/2 of them.

Which means, any time now I will finally break the triple digit marker on the amount spent on a comic. So... any takers on when you think it will happen? hm

I`d say $400 - $500 for your ASM #1 and about $100 to $150 for your others.

From what i remember you got ASM #2 or #3 and #14 for real cheap so that saved you a lot of cash.

When it happens is up to your wallet. (thumbs u

Any of you who know my ASM collecting habits are familiar with some of the books I've been starting to eyeball. Let's face it, we're getting down to the wire- a couple books in the 50s, 80s, and 90s, and then I'm just about done with the 1st 100 issues. Leaving me with the big ones from the 1st 10... and I've already nabbed 1/2 of them.

Which means, any time now I will finally break the triple digit marker on the amount spent on a comic. So... any takers on when you think it will happen? hm

I predict that you will buy the Golden Record Reprint for your number 1, so my vote is for never... :baiting:

I predict that you will buy the Golden Record Reprint for your number 1, so my vote is for never... :baiting:

Oh now that's just rude. Golden Record reprint...

The running joke among the ASM collectors here Iggy is how cheap/thrifty I am. The most expensive book to date was the ASM #3 at $87.50, so I still haven't cracked the cap yet. Jordan, I'd say you're close in one respect as that's only 3 days after my birthday... but technically, it'd be a birthday present. In any event, if I DO ever see a copy of ASM 1 going at that rate KoW, I'll be a happy man (and short a few non-ASM keys ;) )

Oh now that's just rude. Golden Record reprint...

The running joke among the ASM collectors here Iggy is how cheap/thrifty I am. The most expensive book to date was the ASM #3 at $87.50, so I still haven't cracked the cap yet. Jordan, I'd say you're close in one respect as that's only 3 days after my birthday... but technically, it'd be a birthday present. In any event, if I DO ever see a copy of ASM 1 going at that rate KoW, I'll be a happy man (and short a few non-ASM keys ;) )

(shrug)

I might like to dance with the low-grades, but I still want them to be original 1st editions. *no offense to GRR owners*

And Ivan, I do need my copies to have covers on them- even if they are beater covers. Thanks though!

You already have a 3, 5, 6 and 14...

So probably only the 1 and AF 15, and maybe the 2.

Fair 2s go under a $100.

Some lucky soul binned one for $25 right here a year or so ago.