• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CANCELLED COMIC CAVALCADE?

29 posts in this topic

... each volume had 300 odd pages.

Yikes, I had no idea they were so extensive! :o

That eBay listing earlier has an opening bid for only $24.99 and it looks like he's sold a few before as BINs in that range... hm

I'd nab one for that price (hoping it's a nice set of copies :wishluck: ), then I can finally see how Green Team would've turned out! lol

They are photocopies. And someone did photocopies of the photocopies and was selling those for about $75 each a few years back.

Are you being serious. Thats a bit retarded.

There are alot of people who have wanted to read those stories for many years. DC has never had any intention of reprinting them. Someone saw an opportunity, and apparently sold quite a few. $75 bucks may seem like a lot, but each volume had 300 odd pages. I'm not saying it is right, but it did happen.

Would love to see these reprinted as a trade. Given the age of the collectors who grew up reading some of these titles it would be interesting to collectors to see the final issues published officially once and for all.

The introduction to the trade could explain what occurred during the canceling of the titles and also it would be great to see them produced by DC instead of just the bootleg copies that exist. I know I would buy a copy if it was ever reprinted as a trade. Some might argue that the titles were cancelled and this says it all, but it is part of the history of comic books and also DC Comics and it would be nice to see these books finally available in the marketplace.