• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,426 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, markaoru said:

Classic MTIO cover and the only SS copy of issue #86 on the Census. Signed by long serving MTIO artist Ron Wilson.

D2710C37-2A99-411F-84CD-E754D955C951.jpeg

Wonders of wonders how you got that one out and under the wire. Choosing to getting it signed, tough choice? Or did it only make sense?

On 2/11/2022 at 6:43 PM, PDidds said:

FOUR (4) covers !!

A quad cover.   I was really really hoping the interior cover would get a 9.9 or a 10 - but I'm thrilled with the 9.8     A shame it has the newsstand price written on the outer cover, but it reminds me of buying it from the newsagent near my school bus stop and then discovering the cover mistake a home that night.

Signed recently by the wonderful George Perez.

TT67quadcover.jpg

Well Snap! 4 flippable covers, lined up in grade. That is a :whatthe: 9.6 9.6 9.8 9.8! We all fall down lol 

:whee::yeehaw::headbang:

On 2/27/2022 at 4:20 PM, TomG said:

Secrets Behind The Comics CGC 9.6 White Pages SS Stan Lee 1947. This is the highest graded copy on the CGC Census both as Universal and Signature Series.

0-518.jpeg

Older label, and fairly clear signature as well!  :x

Both of these books are from my personal collection and are up for auction on eBay. If you are interested in either one, please take a look at the listings on eBay.

FEATURED BOOKS:

X-Men #221 Signature Series CGC 9.8 - Signed by Stan Lee, Chris Claremont, Jim Shooter, and Marc Silvestri. 

X-Factor #6 Signature Series CGC 9.8 - Signed by Stan Lee, Bob Layton, Louise Simonson, Joe Rubinstein, and Bob Mcleod. 

20220115_080549.jpg

20220115_080620.jpg

On 3/4/2022 at 4:15 AM, Frank Castle 74 said:

Both of these books are from my personal collection and are up for auction on eBay. If you are interested in either one, please take a look at the listings on eBay.

FEATURED BOOKS:

X-Men #221 Signature Series CGC 9.8 - Signed by Stan Lee, Chris Claremont, Jim Shooter, and Marc Silvestri. 

X-Factor #6 Signature Series CGC 9.8 - Signed by Stan Lee, Bob Layton, Louise Simonson, Joe Rubinstein, and Bob Mcleod. 

20220115_080549.jpg

20220115_080620.jpg

Great looking books and signatures.
But neither book meets the criteria for inclusion here as there are (209) UXM 9.8 SS #221s and (106) XF 9.8 SS #6s.
Unsure of the self promotion aspect of it all...might be okay...
But I feel that it best belongs in this thread...
https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/19-comics-market-sales-advertising-ebay-dealers-etc/

On 3/5/2022 at 3:46 AM, Troy Division said:

Great looking books and signatures.
But neither book meets the criteria for inclusion here as there are (209) UXM 9.8 SS #221s and (106) XF 9.8 SS #6s.
Unsure of the self promotion aspect of it all...might be okay...
But I feel that it best belongs in this thread...
https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/19-comics-market-sales-advertising-ebay-dealers-etc/

I could see your point, but I always wondered how many of those SS copies are signed by Stan, and how many have 4 or 5 signatures? It's incredibly difficult to maintain a 9.8 grade with this number of signatures--especially now. It's my understanding that CGC recently stated they wouldn't guarantee the grade of signature series submissions anymore; if you send an already graded book to them--even if it's a CGC book--they won't guarantee you'll retain the grade when it's signed and returned to you. 

I wish I could have kept the two here.  

Edited by Frank Castle 74

Feast your eyes! Here's a one-of-a-kind, and it is THE ONLY COPY with everyone's signature. 

Justice League Adventures #1 SS CGC 9.8 - Signed by Maria Canals-Barrera (Hawk-Girl), Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman), Phil Lamarr (Green Lantern), Carl Lumby (Martian Manhunter), George Newbern (Superman), Andrea Romano (Voice Casting Director for Justice League, Batman: The Animated Series, etc.), Bruce Timm (Writer/Producer/Director/Creator for Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League: The Animated Series, etc.), Kevin Conroy (Batman), and Michael Rosenbaum (Flash). 

20220307_023129.jpg

Edited by Frank Castle 74

On 3/7/2022 at 4:02 AM, Frank Castle 74 said:

I could see your point, but I always wondered how many of those SS copies are signed by Stan, and how many have 4 or 5 signatures? It's incredibly difficult to maintain a 9.8 grade with this number of signatures--especially now. It's my understanding that CGC recently stated they wouldn't guarantee the grade of signature series submissions anymore; if you send an already graded book to them--even if it's a CGC book--they won't guarantee you'll retain the grade when it's signed and returned to you. 

My understanding of the subject line of this thread is that a book needs to be the only SS on the census for a particular issue OR the SS book with the single highest grade. There is no way to know from the census which books have what signatures and, as far as I know, CGC has NEVER guaranteed that a book will maintain its previous grade after a signing.

What you say about the last book you posted could be true but it also doesn’t belong on this thread. There are currently 11 Signature Series books of this issue (Justice League Adventures #1 from 01/02) with the grade of 9.8.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:02 AM, Frank Castle 74 said:

All true points, but below is a direct quote from the literal first post opening this thread in 2007.
Please review rules 1 and 2.

On 10/23/2007 at 12:52 AM, Raphael said:

I thought I would start a thread that would try and capture one of the really awesome things about doing signature series books.
There are often opportunities to get one-of-a-kind books signed and graded.

So here are the rules for posting books in this thread:

1. The book must be the only Signature Series book for that particular issue on the census

2. You may post your book if there are other SS copies on the census only if your copy is the highest and only graded copy. So if there are a couple SS 9.4's and you have the only SS 9.8, then you could post it here.

3. Please refrain from posting signed and sketched books as we all know that type of thing is one of a kind, plus there's another thread for that

3a. You may post a SS signed and sketched book if it is the only SS book, or single highest graded SS book.

I think this would be a really cool way to see all the "one of a kind" ss books out there!

On 3/7/2022 at 3:37 AM, Frank Castle 74 said:

Feast your eyes! Here's a one-of-a-kind, and it is THE ONLY COPY with everyone's signature. 

Justice League Adventures #1 SS CGC 9.8 - Signed by Maria Canals-Barrera (Hawk-Girl), Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman), Phil Lamarr (Green Lantern), Carl Lumby (Martian Manhunter), George Newbern (Superman), Andrea Romano (Voice Casting Director for Justice League, Batman: The Animated Series, etc.), Bruce Timm (Writer/Producer/Director/Creator for Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League: The Animated Series, etc.), Kevin Conroy (Batman), and Michael Rosenbaum (Flash). 

20220307_023129.jpg

Nice book!  It would be better posted here though:

On 3/7/2022 at 7:52 AM, Troy Division said:

All true points, but below is a direct quote from the literal first post opening this thread in 2007.
Please review rules 1 and 2.

A little off topic but I don’t think everything he mentioned is true. Has CGC ever guaranteed a slab would retain its grade thru a signing? Certainly sounds incorrect to me (shrug)