• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,427 posts in this topic

Not the most exciting book in the thread, but it is the only one (per census) and I happen to both love the book and think the writer is one of the nicest guys in comics.

atc01.jpg

and that is what it is all about :applause:

I have been thinking of checking this book out too... hm

and that is what it is all about :applause:

I have been thinking of checking this book out too... hm

I really enjoy it. I've been getting them signed because Howard Wong (the writer) is a really nice guy. I even got him to do a sketch of the Crow for me. It was terrible and I love it. I think he had fun doing it too. (My wife and I thought it was the Joker. lol And then he was like... "no, no it's the Crow!" And we had a nice long talk about the Crow movies)

Anyway, I diverged, but the point is... the books are good. Start with the first series if you can.

was it actually signed by cockrum on 7/21/06 or is that a mislabel? all my other cockrum books were signed 7/1/06.

It seems to be labeled correctly as the Jim Mooney sig is dated the 20 and it is in the sentence before the one about the Cockrum sig telling me the Mooney came first. Also, the dates are a date apart telling me it was most likely at the same convention.

This is not only the lone top graded SS book, but also the ONLY book graded for this issue:

pd6ss.jpg

It is signed by the writer Eric, and myself because he was nice enough to put me in two panels as an unconcious security guard :grin:

pd1.jpg

pd2.jpg