• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber Products Sale!! Updated Again!!

52 posts in this topic

I ordered yesterday. Everything arrived today!!! Perfect shipment. Perfect service. :applause:

VERY SATISFIED.

I'll be coming back, and recommending you. Thanks! (thumbs u

Thanks so much!! ill pass it on to my brother Charles (hes the shipping guy). Thanks again,

Jeff

I also appreciated the $20 bill I found in between the packages of boards!! :banana:

(:

I ordered yesterday. Everything arrived today!!! Perfect shipment. Perfect service. :applause:

VERY SATISFIED.

Thanks so much!! ill pass it on to my brother Charles (hes the shipping guy). Thanks again,

Jeff

I also appreciated the $20 bill I found in between the packages of boards!! :banana:

(:

Seriously?? Nice score!!

VERY SATISFIED.

Jeff

(:

Seriously?? Nice score!!

:jokealert::baiting:

VERY SATISFIED.

Jeff

(:

Seriously?? Nice score!!

:jokealert::baiting:

Sorry, its late, been up since 5 a.m.

Have put off a major rebagging and reboarding the majority of my books for a while because of the cost but this is a steal and the service has been second to none. Plan to make you guys my first stop in the future, major kudos to you guys. (thumbs u

Thanks, thats nice to hear!! 2minutes!!

Comment and questions.

Comment: The packaging was excellent. I was a little wary when I saw the box was slit and dented. Inside, there was another box with an aircell and my product. Not a lick of damage.

Questions:

1. Beat to death, but my imprsssion is if you bag and board with mylar and half/fullback (the ones that are being sold here, they are all neutral and buffered and all that) that you will never have to do so again unless you want to. they will last a lifetime.

2. I generally put my moderns back to back in a mylar2 and halfback to reduce cost. They fit okay, not too tight, I use regular size mylars. So, am I risking something here by doing that? Opinions?

Comment and questions.

Comment: The packaging was excellent. I was a little wary when I saw the box was slit and dented. Inside, there was another box with an aircell and my product. Not a lick of damage.

Questions:

1. Beat to death, but my imprsssion is if you bag and board with mylar and half/fullback (the ones that are being sold here, they are all neutral and buffered and all that) that you will never have to do so again unless you want to. they will last a lifetime.

2. I generally put my moderns back to back in a mylar2 and halfback to reduce cost. They fit okay, not too tight, I use regular size mylars. So, am I risking something here by doing that? Opinions?

First off, we know UPS really doesnt care what is inside the package, so we try to do our best to make sure the package arrives safely to everyone. The shipping and handling fee that you pay, covers all of that.

Gerber claims they will last 100 years. That is what I have been told. Some people like replacing them and that is fine too.

As far as i know, i think when people put comics back-to-back they use a full-back because it is coated on both sides. I know many collectors and dealers mainly use one bag and board per comic. As far as the risks, I cannot honestly say. I have never heard anything bad happening but maybe someone else has.

Jeff

Thanks for the comments. I would be interested in anyones stories or what they do. As far as coating, my understanding is that it is a materila that is the same both sides, no special coating as the board is neutral and there is a layer of buffer inbetween the front and back?

my older(better) books now have a home! thanks for the book blankets and a great sale! the shipping time was just awsome! glad to have you here! i will purchase without a sale due to shipping alone! i shall return!

my older(better) books now have a home! thanks for the book blankets and a great sale! the shipping time was just awsome! glad to have you here! i will purchase without a sale due to shipping alone! i shall return!

Thanks, much appreciated. We will be here when you are ready to order,

Jeff

I had thought that halfbacks and fullbacks were coated with 3% calcium carbonate, but I now think that the buffering agent is added to the pulp material prior to being made to boards. So the CaCO3 is throughout the board and there is no additional coating.

I had thought that halfbacks and fullbacks were coated with 3% calcium carbonate, but I now think that the buffering agent is added to the pulp material prior to being made to boards. So the CaCO3 is throughout the board and there is no additional coating.

Can anyone confirm that? I can't find any info on it. What about my qyestion with 2 books in a bag?

Can anyone confirm that? I can't find any info on it. What about my qyestion with 2 books in a bag?

The FB & HB don't have a "coating" per se. I can't say whether the buffer is throughout or sandwiched in the middle layer. As for storing 2 per bag. I don't do it for the following reason. One of the advantages to having boards for me is that books don't get pressed against each other in the box. The book presses flat against the backing board in front of it. If you double booked, then the book presses against the book in front/back of it while in the box. When the difference is about $.15-.20 at these prices, I'll go 1 per bag. The bags are probably deep enough to do it but I don't. If you do, you may want to consider going 1 step up from what you need. Need a Current? Go to a SA to double book.