• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Book defect you hate the most!

Which Comic Book Defect Drives You Batty?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which Comic Book Defect Drives You Batty?

52 posts in this topic

The LCS I used to buy my books from when I was much younger had the price in pencil written on the back cover of all their back issues in the longboxes(not the good issues in their display cases, luckily). It didn't bother me at the time, but as I got older, I wondered why they couldn't just put a sticker on the outside of the poly bag like everyone else? So, I have a ton of books like that.

The LCS I used to buy my books from when I was much younger had the price in pencil written on the back cover of all their back issues in the longboxes(not the good issues in their display cases, luckily). It didn't bother me at the time, but as I got older, I wondered why they couldn't just put a sticker on the outside of the poly bag like everyone else? So, I have a ton of books like that.

The only thing that makes me mad is when people screw up the price tag on the poly bag too. Write the price THEN stick it on the bag. I have an X-Men 221 where some genious wrote the price after putting the sticker on and you can see the indentation of the price in the book especially when the light reflects off it. Has anyone ever had a comic with a lot of imprints as if some used the comic for a nice even surface with no bumps to write a paper on? I don't have any but I sure destroyed a lot of magazine covers by doing my homework on top of them.

Like a store code or something. When there are random #'s on the book that just pisses me off.

They may not make sense now but they were an integral part of the wholesale/retail process and as such, in my opinion, quite valid. And you never know what strange and indecipherable code of 2003 will reveal the latest 2005 pedigree!

Like a store code or something. When there are random #'s on the book that just pisses me off.

They may not make sense now but they were an integral part of the wholesale/retail process and as such, in my opinion, quite valid. And you never know what strange and indecipherable code of 2003 will reveal the latest 2005 pedigree!

The problem I have with those random #'s is you don't know if they were store codes, or little Johnny out of control.

No. You find out who Andy V was and go kick is .

Sort of like the guy trapped on the deserted Isle in the beer commercial.. laugh.gif

You know, of course that was my first thought, but I don't want all of you folks (especially the moderators) to think of me as an uncivilized thug. Besides, "Andy V" sounds to me like some big mafia guy in Joisey or New Yalk, so I thought I'd laugh as much as I could about the situation!!! (It would be my fault anyway as a young naive collector, buying comics with writing in pen on the cover)! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

(That ASM 175 would have looked real good without it, though.....) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif