• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I like 7.5's

10 posts in this topic

Nice book.

The best 7.5 books are the ones where they are very few (or any) color breaking flaws, but has some surface wear (i.e. creases that don't break color).

In other words high-grade VF/NM or better books, with a long non-breaking crease are usually downgraded into the VF- to VF range yet have great Eye-Appeal. Or the front cover looks almost perfect but there is a small light stain on the back.

There are some VF- to VF that don't have nice eye appeal. They might have a heavy dust shadow, marvel chipping or tears, lots of small creases on a dark cover book, etc. Those are the ones I try to stay away from.

Once again, nice pick-up.

Why does this thread sound just a wee bit "apologetic," like someone at a 12-step meeting getting up and admitting, "I like to watch." ?

Nothing wrong with a solid 7.5 from 50 years ago - it's probably one of the top 5 or 10 slabbed copies, in this case. A beautiful specimen!

I don't think the topic is specifically about that one book. More of a general comment that VF- (7.5) are very collectible also.

As has been pointed out many times, books between VG and VF seem to be in the no man's land (as they are not reader copies and not investment quality).

I normally won't buy books below VF except in certain cases where a VF- really has a high-grade eye appeal (by having slightly hidden defects).

The book in question fits that example as it has very nice eye-appeal.