• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Here's a few I have!!!

Posted this on a different thread!!!

Wilbur794.jpg

Very nice Owl! I really enjoyed assembling the run. You know that "blonde" joke cover was used twice in the run?

No I didn't know that!!! What was the other issue #?.

Do you have a scan???.

Did Bill ever answer with an issue number or scan? Looking foward to the info. I'm going to add one or the other to a talk I'm giving this week!

Jack

Here's a few I have!!!

Posted this on a different thread!!!

Wilbur794.jpg

Very nice Owl! I really enjoyed assembling the run. You know that "blonde" joke cover was used twice in the run?

No I didn't know that!!! What was the other issue #?.

Do you have a scan???.

Did Bill ever answer with an issue number or scan? Looking foward to the info. I'm going to add one or the other to a talk I'm giving this week!

Jack

I don't think I have pictures of the run. If I remember correctly it was 86

Edited by ciorac

Jack

Thanks for looking.

86 is missing at GCD and I haven't found one on-line.

Jack

Jack

Thanks for looking.

86 is missing at GCD and I haven't found one on-line.

Jack

I found an 86 and it wasn't the blonde joke, but there are two of them, and they weren't far apart.

56.jpg

BH; Love this cover, It's a classic. Saw it for the first time only about a month ago!!! Great stuff!!!

The Suzie image is great, but what really makes this cover for me is Mr. McFoof's tongue and the look on Mrs. McFoof's face... :cool:

56.jpg

BH; Love this cover, It's a classic. Saw it for the first time only about a month ago!!! Great stuff!!!

The Suzie image is great, but what really makes this cover for me is Mr. McFoof's tongue and the look on Mrs. McFoof's face... :cool:

Mr. McFoof is clearly no fool - he's lived a long time and has learned a few tricks along the way. Imagine Mrs. McFoof's fury if her husband had been foolish enough to stick his tongue out on the other side of his face...doesn't bear thinking about.

And thanks for all the great covers in this thread - some of these are rarely seen, at least by me. :thumbsup:

100_1055.jpg

Here's one book I'll never get rid of, I picked it up when I was a kid and then sold it when I sold all my books. In the late 90's I met a collector at my LCS who had picked the book up at a comic store in Berkeley. He graciously sold it to me and we were reunited. I remember doing the repair.

pep32.jpg

100_1055.jpg

Here's one book I'll never get rid of, I picked it up when I was a kid and then sold it when I sold all my books. In the late 90's I met a collector at my LCS who had picked the book up at a comic store in Berkeley. He graciously sold it to me and we were reunited. I remember doing the repair.

pep32.jpg

My friend you are very talented!!! Wish I could do work like that!!! I can hardly see where any restoration was done!!!! Great job!!!! :golfclap:

Oh yeah, nice copy too!!