• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched Spider-Man 3 for the 2nd time * SPOILER*

44 posts in this topic

I watched it on DVD for the first time last night and I have to say.............it was absolutely GOD-awful. I fast forwarded through about half of the movie as a majority of it was too painful to watch. The make-out session on the huge web, the Stan Lee cameo, Harry's snowboard antics, the butler giving him the info about his dad, the "Prettiest Guy in the World" strut down the street, the nightclub scenes....I could go on. I liked the first one, loved the second. The third installment however ranks as one of the worst films I have seen in a very long time. Raimi definitely dropped the ball. No offense to those of you who liked it, but it made me cringe.

Scott

Sounds like you fast forwarded the wrong half.

I fast forwarded through the entire thing. One scene I liked was the Peter/Harry battle inside of Harry's townhouse. That was a powerful scene, especially the part with Pete telling Harry that his dad despised him. The pumpkin bomb blast was a nice finale to that particular scene.

My wife is/was a big fan of the series and was disappointed that we didn't get to see it in the theater. We don't have alot of free time to watch movies, but she made the effort last night to watch #3 as she really wanted to see it. She watched about the first hour and ended up leaving the room. Needless to say she was disappointed too.

S

I fast forwarded through the entire thing

How can you like or not like anything if you fast forward through the whole thing :insane:

You are taking my post a little too literally buddy. Whenever I fast forwarded through a scene, it would be a slow moment, a wide angle set-up shot, the filler stuff, ect. Haven't you ever done so with a film that was moving too slow for you, but still wanted to give it a shot to see if it worked out? I wanted to give it a shot, it didn't work out. Thanks for your "input"

S

One scene I liked was the Peter/Harry battle inside of Harry's townhouse. That was a powerful scene, especially the part with Pete telling Harry that his dad despised him. The pumpkin bomb blast was a nice finale to that particular scene.

That was the only part of the entire movie I liked.

How can you like or not like anything if you fast forward through the whole thing :insane:

Go take a chomp on a turd, and then tell me if you need to finish it all to decide whether it tastes good or not. hm

Keep chewing, it gets better near the end. lol

I fast forwarded through the entire thing

You are taking my post a little too literally buddy. Whenever I fast forwarded through a scene, it would be a slow moment, a wide angle set-up shot, the filler stuff, ect. Haven't you ever done so with a film that was moving too slow for you, but still wanted to give it a shot to see if it worked out? I wanted to give it a shot, it didn't work out. Thanks for your "input"

S

Oh i agree with you. Well maybe not as bad as you thought but i agree it was ok. Just having a bit of fun :baiting:

Sorry Sho- I didn't think there was anyone left who hadn't seen (and crucified) this one. :foryou:

I'll forgive you since many seem to think this one's a turd anyway. :)

You might want to put a *spoiler* warning at the top of your first post though...if the boards will still let you edit it.

Sorry Sho- I didn't think there was anyone left who hadn't seen (and crucified) this one. :foryou:

I'll forgive you since many seem to think this one's a turd anyway. :)

You might want to put a *spoiler* warning at the top of your first post though...if the boards will still let you edit it.

hey, peter parker is spider-man...

:baiting: