• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched Spider-Man 3 for the 2nd time * SPOILER*

44 posts in this topic

Spider-man 3 was a letdown. Not terrible as there are some entertaining parts. But, overall, it is a bad movie in that ego's ran amok and laziness set in.

The actor's egos led to:

1. So much unmasking that the material probably got permanently stretched out. Some one inform Topher & Tobey that people want to see the "superhero" not them emoting and crying.

2. Since when did Kirsten Dunst become such a big name that we have to showcase her singing twice? God, but she's become insufferable in these films. Am I wrong, but that's not how I ever pictured MJ.

3. Disco dancing. 'Nuff said.

Laziness:

1. Classic Superhero Movie Sequel Tradition with multiple villains. Sandman was barely even established and Venom just pops in and says "let's team-up!". Sam must have gotten some 1950's DC books mixed in.

2. Tie in a villain with a previous, unrelated plotline. Umm, Sam, we're not stupid. You don't need to mess with the origin to bring Sandman into the picture. There can be conflict without some personal back story. Totally unnecessary.

3. Venom's arrival. About as unoriginal as it get's. Put a little thought behind it vs. a meteor landing by the couple in a park.

4. If you have "secret identitys", try to think it through for the story. Giant spiderweb in a park. Yeah, that would never get noticed. Tobey taking his mask off in daylight among the highrises. Nah, nobody would spot him with all those hundreds of windows around.

5. Stick to some semblance of credibilty to a character's motives. Sandman was so cliched and poorly thought out. If he's such a misunderstood, caring daddy, why does he want to endanger an innocent girl in MJ just to kill Spidey? I won't get into the "flying sand cloud" bit or how he can become King Kong-size. I always thought there were parameters in what the Sandman could do. Maybe I'm wrong and I won't nitpick this one as bad.

There are clearly worse films out there. I didn't consider it a total waste and will add that Transformers was better and I liked FF2 better. And neither of those were classics. lol

Ending still was a little cheesy with Harry dying at the end.

Thanks. I always like to find out stuff like this before I see a movie.

:censored:

Harry DIES!!!??!!

MyLOLcat.jpg

(ok...Ive used up my quota of pics in this thread)