• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OPG pricing for some mid/late bronze odd....

6 posts in this topic

I'm not talking about the actual $ numbers, but rather, how they relate to other numbers

For example, take Daredevil 139-40, 142-45, 147-57...for the most part, generic 30 cent cover price issues. OPG NM 9.2 -- $14!!!

Whereas Hulk 201-220, roughly the same period is $6 in 9.2

Iron Man 90-99 are $10 and 101-117 are $8

Captain America 201-214 are a whopping $14 (because of Kirby), but the non-Kirby 30 centers are only $5!

The Thor 30 centers are $6

I'm not debating whether any of these are realistic (although some of the more inexpensive stuff is not far off in strict NM) and, golly, I wish those DDs were selling for anywhere near $14, but where on earth do these numbers come from??? Generic non-Miller DD back issues are really no more desireable than the other krap...

These issues tie-in the first 2 Bullseye appearances (131 and 132) with the 3rd (146). Also, a Ghost Rider story which may (or may not) be a cross-over with his regular series. Just a lot happening here where for people who not only want to read the Bullseye issues, but also what happens in between? Don/t think any of those other issues of the other titles have anything major going on.

Whatcha' guys think?

i wonder what would happen to the hobby if Overstreet prices were to actually hew to some sort of reality. i.e., not having nm- be the top price, and not use some percentage-of-top-guide-price-based formula for mid-grade common SA and BA books

Nothing on this sort of inexpensive stuff, I think. I don't think anyone is paying attention to guide for this stuff other than maybe the NM price and the NM price is a basis for discounting (unless in a slab or an undervalued issue).

I kindah think below NM, people often have a general idea of what they're willing to pay for a book from this era & genre. Probably around $1-$3 with some exceptions depending on condition for most later BA excluding some Spideys, X-Mens, Avengers, Batmans and keys . SA is going to be very title dependent.