• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marston

5 posts in this topic

Okay, I had just a major thrill. I'm so stoked!

Today, William Moulton Marston's eldest son just bought a comic from me. It was a silver age JLA book (I wish it was in better condition -- it's pretty messed up, but he knew that when he bought it. Still, if I had a better one, I'd swap it right now).

I wrote to him, telling him how much I admire his father, and he just wrote back. He's putting together a mini-museum dedicated to Wonder Woman, and is picking up books in which she made an appearance.

The best part of all this is that I got the chance to tell the son of the creator of Wonder Woman how much his dad's work has meant to me. How cool is that??? Man, I am just thrilled to the bone about this.

-- Joanna

Okay, I had just a major thrill. I'm so stoked!

Today, William Moulton Marston's eldest son just bought a comic from me. It was a silver age JLA book (I wish it was in better condition -- it's pretty messed up, but he knew that when he bought it. Still, if I had a better one, I'd swap it right now).

I wrote to him, telling him how much I admire his father, and he just wrote back. He's putting together a mini-museum dedicated to Wonder Woman, and is picking up books in which she made an appearance.

The best part of all this is that I got the chance to tell the son of the creator of Wonder Woman how much his dad's work has meant to me. How cool is that??? Man, I am just thrilled to the bone about this.

-- Joanna

OK - this is a part of what collecting is all about! Had a similar experience in the movie poster world and yes, it makes you feel good from head to toe! Joanna - many thumbsup2.gif to you! If anyone deserves a rush it be your own fine self!

That's very, very cool stuff... I'll bet you could put together a pretty interesting article just based on the guy's recollections of his father's work and outlook. I'd love to read that article if you write it!