• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,660 posts in this topic

Silhouettes... :cloud9:

ASM86front.jpg

Can someone who has actively been collecting this book tell me their take on how common the miscuts are on it ? I had a 9.4 copy which was very similar to this book, and almost every copy Ive seen has this same problem.

I can't quantify it for you, but this book is extremely hard to find with nice centering, as are most of the late silver/early bronze ASM's. This particular issue seems particularly tough because for some reason it just seems a heck of a lot less common than the surrounding issues in high grade. All of the 9.4's I recall seeing offhand(and there aren't too many) had a miswrap. I had 2 9.2's with nice centering, one of which was from the Western Penn ped., but I haven't seen too many pop up since.

I've also noticed that issues 78, 79, and 87 seem to be plagued with this same QP curse.

Always liked this cover:

ASM87.jpg

86 and 87 are, IMO, two of the best and most underrated covers of the run.

While it might shock some of you, these books AREN'T low grades

I knew you had it in you. (thumbs u

While it might shock some of you, these books AREN'T low grades

I knew you had it in you. (thumbs u

Hey, a guy's got to keep a couple surprises up his sleeve. General rule of thumb for me (though it's a flexible rule) is: SA= Low grade BA= Mid grade CA= High grade. There are a few exceptions here and there, but this is generally what I stick to.

And I'd agree- this ASM 87 is a really nice looking cover. It doesn't have a lot going on with it (like some of the later SA ASMs do, but it works. It's also slightly reminiscient of the ASM 50 cover so that scores points for it as well :)