• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,663 posts in this topic

I just picked this one up from ebay

ams16296160km9.jpg

Great pickup for your Nightcrawler collection and it looks like a sweet 9.6. This one is popular with the Spidey, X-Men and Punisher fans and is pretty pricey in uber-HG.

Thanks Steve!! It's a book that has been on my want list for awhile, I am happy to add it to my collection. I will be looking to get 161 in the same grade in 2008.

:applause:

NYC trivia time: This is of course a great cover for the Marvel heroes it features, but I also like it for the Roosevelt Island tram setting! The tram started running in 1976, so it would have been brand new at the time this cover was drawn.

Was it? I always tracked it as 96. Still, my older brother always told me, "Don't argue with the guy who's loaded with tats." And I stand by that advice still. :grin:

:signfunny:lol There is a bunch of different answers too the first issue of the Amazing Spider Man Bronze age. I go by Jan. 1970. 1970s to me was the bronze age. Some other people will go by when it went from .12 to .15 cents issue 74? And others might say what month did Conan #1 come out. So it is open to alot of opinions. Not one person has the right Issue number. I just stand by #80 (thumbs u

Frank, please don't misinterpret this post, however, since I am forced to look at your tattooed chest in your signature line, it has raised the following question.

Why do you not have any nipples?

Frank had them surgically removed and sold them to finance the pruchase of his bronze age Marvel collection.

Frank, please don't misinterpret this post, however, since I am forced to look at your tattooed chest in your signature line, it has raised the following question.

One, I think the picture is of his back.

Two, could this thread possibly get any more derailed?

[That is a rhetorical qustion, not a challenge to post something even more off topic than a man's lack of nipples :insane:]

[That is a rhetorical qustion, not a challenge to post something even more off topic than a man's lack of nipples :insane:]

Um, that's his chest. Buy an anatomy book for crying out loud.

That is not his back. :gossip:

doh!

Now then, back to Spidey......

Frank had them surgically removed and sold them to finance the pruchase of his bronze age Marvel collection.

lol If i could get half back of what i blew on the Bronze age set i would consider it! Black Market for Nipples???