• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,662 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2021 at 6:52 AM, sledgehammer said:

Quick ebay search showed the only CGC #124, a 7.0, with C-OW pages, listed for $400.

9.6 White, ended at $3,411 on clink.

(worship):popcorn::whatthe:

I think there was a 9.6 W hammer at around 2.5k last week? It was a perfect wrap too! 

124s are moving but 9.6s are a bit wacky here with these two results no? How would you even price one?

13 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:
On 5/26/2021 at 5:52 AM, sledgehammer said:

Quick ebay search showed the only CGC #124, a 7.0, with C-OW pages, listed for $400.

9.6 White, ended at $3,411 on clink.

(worship):popcorn::whatthe:

I think there was a 9.6 W hammer at around 2.5k last week? It was a perfect wrap too! 

124s are moving but 9.6s are a bit wacky here with these two results no? How would you even price one?

The ASM 121 CVA 9.4 ow/white, that finished over $2,400, had two last second bidders.

I don't remember if that was also the case with that 3.4K  #124, but the recent $2.5 sale didn't.

That's what it comes down to. More than one bidder that decides they absolutely want the book, and putting in a bid high enough to ensure that they get it.,

It's really that simple I think. I still love the direction that they are all heading.

Edited by sledgehammer
ow/white

3 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

I asked this once before for amazing Spider-Man title for each comic age what asm issues fall into each comic age.

By the generally accepted definition, Amazing Spider-Man 1-79 were Silver Age.  The end of the Bronze Age is open to interpretation, but the latest it's thought to end is 12/84, so ASM 259 would be the final Bronze Age issue under that interpretation.  The Copper Age is generally thought to end 12/91, so ASM 356 would be the final Copper Age issue.  Beyond that, everything seems to be lumped into "modern" although there are those who advocate a "Diamond Age" beginning 2000.

Take this with a grain of salt - we were just having a discussion of this matter in the Fantastic Four thread in Silver.  Some say that the end of the Silver Age happens at different times for different titles - for instance that the Comic Code Authority Stamp-less ASM's (95, 96, 97) ushered in the Bronze Age, or that the last Kirby Fantastic Four cover ended the Silver Age for FF.  There are those who make good arguments for all these potential "end dates."

Hey Matt thanks for giving me some sort of answer to the question. I always been curious what time is what end/start of x comic age and all. And more so for asm. I tried asking once in the main asm thread and never got a answer. You think with how the ages are broken up we would have a more define date time of when this started/ended. So you can pair that published date of x titles to know for sure this issue is this time and all. Can you post link of ff thread I can take a gander at folks chats there?

Edited by Webhead2018

4 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Hey Matt thanks for giving me some sort of answer to the question. I always been curious what time is what end/start of x comic age and all. And more so for asm. I tried asking once in the main asm thread and never got a answer. You think with how the ages are broken up we would have a more define date time of when this started/ended. So you can pair that published date of x titles to know for sure this issue is this time and all. Can you post link of ff thread I can take a gander at folks chats there?

I think this will take you to Page 515, which is where the discussion really starts toward the bottom (although there is some on Page 514 as we approached the last 1969 FF book) and continues onto Page 516.  Fantastic Four Collecting Thread! - Page 515 - Silver Age Comic Books - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

It takes a certain level of OCD to be a committed comic book collector, I think, so wanting clearly defined terms and Ages is perfectly normal.  Not sure 100 percent agreement is an achievable goal. :)

2 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

It takes a certain level of OCD to be a committed comic book collector, I think, so wanting clearly defined terms and Ages is perfectly normal.  Not sure 100 percent agreement is an achievable goal. :)

Truer words were never written on these boards.  (thumbsu

11 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Well thanks again for asm at least. It's something I always wonder what issues ran to what ages.

I wouldn't agree with the ranges he gave you which are too specific to random dates- I would go by the 'eras' that are generally accepted around them. I consider ASM 1-100 Silver Age, up to 252 Bronze Age, up to the Clone Saga copper age, etc, but your mileage may vary.

15 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

This is what I don't get. We have define years give or take what is gold, silver, bronze, etc.... why is it such a wide argument on spidey what is what age.

Go to cgccomics.com 

Look under the drop downs

Choose glossary

And you'll see how cgc defines the ages

(shrug) I dont know who asked last, but I did post this last time it was asked.... :tink:

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/glossary/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM