• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,664 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2021 at 8:29 AM, sledgehammer said:

The ASM 121 CVA 9.4 ow/white, that finished over $2,400, had two last second bidders.

I don't remember if that was also the case with that 3.4K  #124, but the recent $2.5 sale didn't.

That's what it comes down to. More than one bidder that decides they absolutely want the book, and putting in a bid high enough to ensure that they get it.,

It's really that simple I think. I still love the direction that they are all heading.

Somehow I missed it but did you catch this a month ago? Just under 11k! 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/superhero/the-amazing-spider-man-122-marvel-1973-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7244-97139.s

I see that 9.6s haven't budged as much as I would of thought as far as asking price 

On 8/6/2021 at 2:59 PM, MGsimba77 said:

20210806_155116.jpg

20210806_155241.jpg

Congrats!

I always dug that cover!

Reading ASM classics series by subscription as a kid, I always thought this cover portrayed something that should have happened earlier in the series lol

I remember describing to my friends at school that there was "no one behind the sphere", but lol I think that I somehow had clued in to this cover rather than it actually being something  I read  :shy:

ASM around the lunch table, good times  :x

On 7/15/2021 at 5:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Go to cgccomics.com 

Look under the drop downs

Choose glossary

And you'll see how cgc defines the ages

(shrug) I dont know who asked last, but I did post this last time it was asked.... :tink:

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/glossary/

You have to admire their consistency... hm

ATOM AGE. The period recognized by the industry as being between 1946, after the dropping of the Atomic bomb, and continuing until the start of the Silver Age, in 1956.

GOLDEN AGE. CGC Registry term for a period of comic book publishing that ran from Action Comics #1 (June 1938) through 1959.

SILVER AGE. CGC Registry term for comics published 1960 through 1969.

They also define Bronze as 1970 to 79 and Copper as 1980 to 89. However, I've seen Copper defined as 1984 to 91 in other sources. But I don't think there's a universally accepted rule when it comes to the cusp years. Well, obviously there isn't since even CGC disagrees with itself regarding them.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:49 PM, profholt82 said:

You have to admire their consistency... hm

ATOM AGE. The period recognized by the industry as being between 1946, after the dropping of the Atomic bomb, and continuing until the start of the Silver Age, in 1956.

GOLDEN AGE. CGC Registry term for a period of comic book publishing that ran from Action Comics #1 (June 1938) through 1959.

SILVER AGE. CGC Registry term for comics published 1960 through 1969.

They also define Bronze as 1970 to 79 and Copper as 1980 to 89. However, I've seen Copper defined as 1984 to 91 in other sources. But I don't think there's a universally accepted rule when it comes to the cusp years. Well, obviously there isn't since even CGC disagrees with itself regarding them.

Ya I got in x-men 137 today, which is 1980, I went ahead and posted in copper lol

I dont usually get atomic or golden ages, silver maybe, but ya, it's all a role of the proverbial dice doh!

On 9/11/2021 at 2:40 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Insane results on HA today pretty much across the board with all those 9.8 ASMs! :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:‼ the 107 WP hammered at 5040, the 124 WP hammered at 9600‼‼ That's just two, it's mostly all of them just went totally bonkers today 

The #124 is less surprising than 107

Mid-run nothing going on book.

Who is the under-bidder pushing that sale?

The completionist tosses out a ridiculous high bid just so they can get the book without hanging around to snipe it. So $5100

Then along comes the in-house shill and lands within a hair of max bid

Nope nothing suspicious there

On 9/12/2021 at 5:30 AM, NP_Gresham said:

The completionist tosses out a ridiculous high bid just so they can get the book without hanging around to snipe it. So $5100

I suppose shenanigans are not impossible. At the same time if that were happening it would be a lot of scales to have their thumb on.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:30 AM, NP_Gresham said:

I watched a lot of the auctions, funny that I see some hammer at a high value. Then I search again, and it is slightly lower. Shilly don't you think hm

On 9/12/2021 at 5:30 AM, NP_Gresham said:

Yeah, I expected more out of the 124 ... it's virtually as scarce as the 151 and is a Key. My quiet surprise was with the 104 ... was that 11K I saw for that one ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu