Bronze-Age Spideys
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2021 at 3:28 PM, MGsimba77 said:

One of the later Romita cover and art issues. 

20211103_161334.jpg

I also loved the cover of 133 ( tho I still remember shaking my head, even at 10 years old, that Molten Man's flaming hand had no affect on Spidey's costume  :eyeroll: ).

I also still remember the shock of seeing that 25 cent price.

4 comics for a dollar, instead of five?

The horror.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:39 AM, sledgehammer said:

tho I still remember shaking my head, even at 10 years old, that Molten Man's flaming hand had no affect on Spidey's costume  :eyeroll:

Maybe that can be explained away with the costume but the train being totally unaffected? And pretty much most he makes contact with lol

On 11/29/2021 at 4:52 PM, makeminemarvel said:

There was another 9.8 for 7200 in September on HA so looks in line. I think Pedigree had an auction few weeks ago that ended somewhere in the 6k range but not 100% sure. So this might be the 3rd 9.8 106 recently popping up when for the last few years there was nothing. I would suspect this pushes up the next 2 grades at least a little.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, sledgehammer said:

I had to pull the trigger on an upgrade to a 9.6.

ASM 111 was one of the first two Spidey issues my Dad ever bought me.

The nostalgia just beats me over the head every time I look at it, and a nearly perfect copy, compared to my 9.4, was not resistible.

:wavingwhiteflag:

111 9.6 upgrade.jpg

Very nice books.  My older brother had this issue and I remember pouring through time and again as a kid.  Pure Romita beauty.