• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,667 posts in this topic

GPA on those books is insane...

ASM 121 - 6 sales since 12/2002

$6612

$6612

$4000

$5500

$4750

$4481

ASM 122 - 3 sales since 12/2002

$6612

$5635

$5750

:o Those numbers are nuts! Thanks for the numbers jeff!!! (worship) Makes me love my CGC 8.0 copies of those two comics even more. Those comics you have WB are NO JOKE!!!!!

I paid 26 cents in 1986 for my 121 (6.0 - signed by Gil Kane and Roy Thomas) and $25 on eBay for my 9.2 - 9.4 122. While I'd love to have the 9.8s I'm much happier with my copies and an extra $13,000.

GPA on those books is insane...

ASM 121 - 6 sales since 12/2002

$6612

$6612

$4000

$5500

$4750

$4481

ASM 122 - 3 sales since 12/2002

$6612

$5635

$5750

:o Those numbers are nuts! Thanks for the numbers jeff!!! (worship) Makes me love my CGC 8.0 copies of those two comics even more. Those comics you have WB are NO JOKE!!!!!

I paid 26 cents in 1986 for my 121 (6.0 - signed by Gil Kane and Roy Thomas) and $25 on eBay for my 9.2 - 9.4 122. While I'd love to have the 9.8s I'm much happier with my copies and an extra $13,000.

.26 cents.... What a random price. I have to ask....how do you know what you paid in 1986 for that book. Do you have this info some place? (shrug)

.26 cents.... What a random price. I have to ask....how do you know what you paid in 1986 for that book. Do you have this info some place? (shrug)

I remember b/c it was my first collection I purchased... I called it the 70s box and it was a cedar chest full of mid-grade bronze age books. I paid $100 for it and they averaged out to 26 cents each (however, I do have records of back issues purchases goign back about that far). The books in that cedar chest were pretty cool and I still have most of them including the Spidey 121 and the Iron Man 55. They all have are all heavy moth ball smell and any time I pull one of those books out I get an instant 20 year ago flashback. :cloud9:

Thought I would bump this post to prompt some other to post their books. I need a bronze Spidey fix so show 'em if you've got 'em!

AmazingSpider-Man168CGC9.jpg

I got several recently in a trade, but they are all raw :juggle: Somehow I do not think that will help your "fix" much. :makepoint:

By the way, props again on that HARB submission. I can not believe it. Getting a 9.8 on that is seriously like winning the lotto.

I got several recently in a trade, but they are all raw :juggle: Somehow I do not think that will help your "fix" much. :makepoint:

By the way, props again on that HARB submission. I can not believe it. Getting a 9.8 on that is seriously like winning the lotto.

Dude- some of us who post scans of our books are solely raw collectors so post away! :grin:

Dude- some of us who post scans of our books are solely raw collectors so post away! :grin:

Mac Man is right. Post 'em (thumbs u I have a bunch of raw bronze Spideys too but I just don't have them scanned.

And I appreciate the kind words on the Harbinger 1 submission. I started a Valiant appreciation thread over in the modern forum where us Valiant fans can share. I actually just got word from CGC that the last two books I needed for a complete 9.8 pre-Unity collection got 9.8 in my last submission. So when I receive them, I will have the first complete 9.8 pre-Unity collection and almost every one was from submissions from my original owner set.

amazing121.jpg

amazing122.jpg

Kinda like you...I also have a matched set. Not 9.8 but nice enough for me! :headbang:

Those are sweet-looking 8.0s! One of the nicest raw copies of 121 that I owned came back 8.5 from CGC.

These two books (and Amazing Adventures 11) changed comics for me when I read them. Spidey and the Beast were my two favorite comic heroes during the 1970s.

Well, I have always been a raw only guy, I haven't seen these issues posted in a while, so I thought I'd get in on this. IMHO very little rocks harder than Bronze Spidey's. :headbang::cloud9:

The 135-137 Harry storyline, the 119-120 Hulk battle and the classic 121-122 death of Gwen storyline are my three favorite bronze Spidey runs.