• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is your collection worth?
2 2

How much is your collection worth?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How much is your collection worth?

154 posts in this topic

No idea. How much is a full run of ASMs worth? All the keys are mostly mid grade. (shrug)

hm somehow, If you own them, I think you have an idea of the value. Unless they were a christmas present? In that case, Merry Christmas

I've been working on this run for 15 years and have never bothered to grade or catalogue my collection. I think I'd be very surprised if I ever made the effort to do it.

:o :o :o

You haven't cataloged your books??? How do you keep track of grades, etc?

I don't. I have a pretty good idea of the filler books in my collection that need to be upgraded.

I'm planning on getting a scanner over the Christmas break. Maybe, I'll start posting some ASMs in the Spare a Grade section. Have a Merry Christmas MacMan!

You haven't cataloged your books??? How do you keep track of grades, etc?

you're kidding right? i started a list 15 years ago when I had about 2 long boxes, but I quickly gave up.

now I have close to 70-80 long/short/magazine boxes (well, whatever adds about to about 15,000 comics), probably 15-20 of which are actually organized from when I did it 10 years ago. It's going to take a LONG time to get this mess cleaned up.

not that I think a database isn't a great idea, but it works a lot better when you have more discrete collecting goals

3 people's collection is worth over $1,000,000 :o

I can think of at least 5 board members with collections that are worth more than a million..

Just 5? I can think 10 or 15...

Bangzoom (millions; in a category of its own)

jbcomicbox

action1kid

MrBedrock

detective27kid

metropolisent

koko1

EsquireComics

CentuarMan

BillyParker

CaptainTripps

continue...

What are some of the books/sets they own, if they've reached a million dollars? I can't wait to hear some answers to this.......:banana:

I hadn't really thought about how much my books are worth until recently. I sent in 10 books to CGC and of course had to assign a value to them. I was surprised when I saw the total insured value of a little over $4,000. These were mid-grade GA books. Most of my GA collection is made of similar books so it made me think - maybe my GA collection averages $400/book. Of course, they are worth only as much as what someone is willing to pay for them. (shrug)