• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is your collection worth?
2 2

How much is your collection worth?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How much is your collection worth?

154 posts in this topic

You know an interesting follow-up question would be what kind of equity do you have in your collection? Or more simply put, how much did you pay for it and how much is it (in theory) worth?

I bet most people haven't tracked that. It'd be hard to record the price you paid for every comic in your collection.

You know an interesting follow-up question would be what kind of equity do you have in your collection? Or more simply put, how much did you pay for it and how much is it (in theory) worth?

I bet most people haven't tracked that. It'd be hard to record the price you paid for every comic in your collection.

I would guess that I have at least 20K in my collection. I have no idea what it's worth. At this point in time, I really don't care. I just wanna buy more nice books for my run. :grin:

That's exactly what I do...I have around 10.000 comics and have an entry for each with the price I paid and another with the OS value.. of course I should update that one every year...but I only do it for the 500 or so most valuable

That's exactly what I do...I have around 10.000 comics and have an entry for each with the price I paid and another with the OS value.. of course I should update that one every year...but I only do it for the 500 or so most valuable

Are you just using an Excel spreadsheet or do you have an inventory type program for doing this?

I would guess that I'm in the $1,000 plus range, but then again I'm new so what do I know...

What would a complete run of raw, mid-grade (at best) Avengers volumn 1 (1963) collection cost...???

Of course to me it is priceless... :cloud9:

Edited by torgob

I would guess that I'm in the $1,000 plus range, but then again I'm new so what do I know...

What would a complete run of raw, mid-grade (at best) Avengers volumn 1 (1963) collection cost...???

Of course to me it is priceless... :cloud9:

I'm sure that the 1 & 4 might be worth a couple of bucks... hm

Are you just using an Excel spreadsheet or do you have an inventory type program for doing this?

Whoops forgot about this thread :blush:

It's all done in Excel, flexible and easy to use...plus it can be opened on nearly every PC

I'm going to have to sit down and work it all out. I did have all of my grades and prices saved on CCL until my PC died and I had to replace the hard drive, just haven't been bothered to do it again since.