• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think collectors with multiple copies of high grade key issues publicize

Do you think collectors with multiple copies of 9.4s and up key issues (ie. Hulk 181, ASM 121...) publicize their collection?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think collectors with multiple copies of 9.4s and up key issues (ie. Hulk 181, ASM 121...) publicize their collection?

5 posts in this topic

I wouldn't, but then again I think they are valuable and will continue to go up in value because the number of HG copies out there are only in the 100s and NOT the 1,000s or 10,000+. People that think this is as good as it gets should be trying to unload as many of their copies before the market drops out. I don't see high volumes of HG Hulk 181s being sold on Ebay. Tends to supports the idea that there aren't a lot out there to be sold. I will wait to be proven wrong.

I'm with you on this MMMarvel. Speculation that too many (1,000) 181 9.4s and up are out there, I would only believe it until proven by facts ie CGC census!!!There maybe a lot of 181s out there but are in lower grades. If I am the owner of 10 near mint ungraded 181s, why would I not send at least five to be graded? IMHO it will not be more than 400-500 copies of 9.4 and up based on CGC's four years in business (I expected that 20% NM should have been submitted by now). With that high number, I still believe that the demand for this book will not slow down because there are a lot of Wolverine fans out there that would love to have a 9.4. And I believe that the price of a 9.4 will stay at $1,500 and up.