• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,908 posts in this topic

I decided last minute to have a 24 hour Memorial Day sale in all three of my sales threads.  Check the 'About Me' section of my profile for links!!  Everything will be 10% off, except 'or best offer' listings.  This includes raw comics, slabs, and comic-related trading cards.  The weather sucks where I live, so we are home-bound...this allows me to monitor the threads and to have this event too.  I have a Modern, Silver Age, and Miscellaneous thread.  All three will have an updated title as well.  Any questions, please feel free to PM me.  The update for the sale is in my Modern thread on page 77.

Please remember that today is a day to remember those military members (and others) that we've lost as a country, and as individuals and families, who paid the ultimate price to keep this country safe and secure.  This is an all encompassing sentiment to everyone that sacrificed their life for these United States.  Selling comics is something to keep me busy....remembering lives lost in combat/war should be done always. 

Memorial Day.jpg

Sometime in the next day or so I'll be listing several dozen DC books with 10, 12, and 15 cent covers. A lot of cool stuff, Hero, Horror, Romance, Sci Fi and a couple war... also a few Charlton romance. Most will be from $ 10 to $100 and VG to VF or so.  GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Hey, guess what?  Chicken butt!!  :roflmao:

The long holiday weekend is behind us...I hope everyone remembered, in your own way, those we've lost serving our country.  I'm going to put another CGC slab up for auction starting this Friday, June 4th.   The auction will end Sunday, June 6th.  Further details will be available over the next day or two.  Those details will, again, be posted in my sales thread.  I don't know what I'll auction off yet...I'm thinking maybe something from the DC Universe.  I'll have a decision later tomorrow, Friday morning at the latest.  Stay tuned!!  Hope to see you there!!! :banana:

On 6/2/2021 at 2:29 PM, Galen130 said:

Hey, guess what?  Chicken butt!!  :roflmao:

The long holiday weekend is behind us...I hope everyone remembered, in your own way, those we've lost serving our country.  I'm going to put another CGC slab up for auction starting this Friday, June 4th.   The auction will end Sunday, June 6th.  Further details will be available over the next day or two.  Those details will, again, be posted in my sales thread.  I don't know what I'll auction off yet...I'm thinking maybe something from the DC Universe.  I'll have a decision later tomorrow, Friday morning at the latest.  Stay tuned!!  Hope to see you there!!! :banana:

My apologies, all.  I've decided not to have an auction this weekend.  I've got a lot going on with other stuff right now, plus I didn't see much reaction to my initial announcement.  Stay tuned for further announcements though...I still plan on doing more auctions.  Thanks everyone!!! (worship)

Hopefully.... :wishluck: this coming Monday the 28th I will be starting a sales thread around 7 Central. I am liquidating a major part of my collection. My personal Daredevils. Some of these books I've had 40 years or more.

Time to thin the heard, I just have to downsize this stuff. Age is catching up and too much stuff to drag around. These will be all raw issues with grades and detailed descriptions. I'll do the slabs some other time with some other titles. I'll be doing issues 3 up to around 100.

I am selling random moderns (mostly moderns), or offering for sale is perhaps more accurate. :sumo: I have resorted to blatant hucksterism in my title in an effort to clear out a short box or two for the AF15 fund, which is now at the 1.5 level and climbing. :whatthe:  So this is less an announcement and more an apology for the consumerism! Or failure to conduct said consumerism. O.o

Nonetheless, more to come!

edited to add the reason I came here in the first place - most prices were dropped in my thread. Lots of fun books accumulated over the years coming out, almost all $1-$5 range.

Edited by Bird

Good Afternoon fellow Board-ohs. I will be having a sale this evening of some awesome slabbed books. There will be Gold, Silver and Bronze Age offerings. Artists will include Everett, Frazetta, Craig, Schuster, Schomburg and more. All key books, classic covers or first appearances. GGA, HORROR and SUPERHERO. Sale starts at 8 pm Pacific. Hope to see you there!!!

I've got a small collection of almost 200 Silver Age/early Bronze Age books coming -- Marvel, DC, Archie, Gold Key; heavy on Marvel. Will start with the various oddballs from all publishers, then onto a nice chunk of Daredevil below #100, then an even larger chunk of ASM from well under #100 (but above the 1st 20 or so) to about #160. (DD and ASM not complete runs, but much of that span is here). Then we will close with the assorted keys of the collection. Grades vary but lots of upper mid-grade material here. Stay tuned; starting ASAP, maybe even tonight if I'm stupid enough and caffeinated enough :insane:

I plan on listing these books finally back from CGC later today/tonight....I really can't believe how far behind they are.. 

Spidey 200  9.6
Spidey 252  9.4, 9.4, 9.2
Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8  9.6 newstand

Showcase 47  8.5

Spawn 1  9.6, 9.6, 9.4 newstand

X-men #94  8.0 - on hold

X-men 112  9.8

X-men 119  9.2

X-men 122  9.4

Daredevil #3  7.5

Fantastic Four #35  9.0
Fantastic Four #38  5.0
Fantastic Four #39  8.5
Fantastic Four #40  6.0
Fantastic Four #41  6.0
Fantastic Four #42  7.5
Fantastic Four #43  7.5 - on hold
Fantastic Four #62  6.0

Incredible Hulk #208 (6 copies) 5 -9.6, 1 9.4

Swamp Thing #1  7.0
Swamp Thing #9  7.5

Hey everyone, I listed a bunch of marvel slabs and have much more to come 

I’ve got a raw run of Flash (some older) and the second run.  Captain America 2005 run of slabs coming tomorrow.  

Edited by Mark 1

I am " tentatively " hoping to start another thread Wed eve (6 P.M. Central ) and finish off the raw Daredevils 100 - 200. I also might throw in some books that are leftovers from previous threads.
:whatthe:

Edited by DR.X

Hi all,

I've decided to completely change my collecting focus and as such will be having a massive sale in GA/SA/BA next week.  Selling every book that I don't intend to keep forever.  There will be over 500 books, mostly minor keys, first issues and first appearances.  All Silver and Bronze (sorry Gold collectors). There will be multiple copies of many keys. 

I haven't done a sale on the boards in nearly 3 years but my kudos thread will show you I have 100% positive reviews as both buyer and seller.

Beginning photography today, should take a few days:

SalePreview.thumb.jpg.b7388c1023b4a6964b3c51d69779618d.jpg

I like to have fun with the sales, so there will be quips, trivia and tons of freebies ala my board crush @Kramerica.  Can't possibly live up to the titanic triumphs of Kramerica Industries but we'll give it a shot.  I'm aiming to begin the sale one week from today and it will likely take me several days to list all of the books.  

My question to those of you who like to be active while a sale is ongoing, what time each night is a good time to start bombing?  I'm on the east coast (Dirty Jerz y'all) and I'm thinking of firing up at 6 PM each night but maybe that's too early for west coast boardies?  I'm a night owl and would be happy to get going later if it matters to anyone and that bridges the gap across the land.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:52 PM, iganatz said:

Hi all,

I've decided to completely change my collecting focus and as such will be having a massive sale in GA/SA/BA next week.  Selling every book that I don't intend to keep forever.  There will be over 500 books, mostly minor keys, first issues and first appearances.  All Silver and Bronze (sorry Gold collectors). There will be multiple copies of many keys. 

I haven't done a sale on the boards in nearly 3 years but my kudos thread will show you I have 100% positive reviews as both buyer and seller.

Beginning photography today, should take a few days:

SalePreview.thumb.jpg.b7388c1023b4a6964b3c51d69779618d.jpg

I like to have fun with the sales, so there will be quips, trivia and tons of freebies ala my board crush @Kramerica.  Can't possibly live up to the titanic triumphs of Kramerica Industries but we'll give it a shot.  I'm aiming to begin the sale one week from today and it will likely take me several days to list all of the books.  

My question to those of you who like to be active while a sale is ongoing, what time each night is a good time to start bombing?  I'm on the east coast (Dirty Jerz y'all) and I'm thinking of firing up at 6 PM each night but maybe that's too early for west coast boardies?  I'm a night owl and would be happy to get going later if it matters to anyone and that bridges the gap across the land.

Maybe break it up so day shift and night shift get a shot ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu