• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,908 posts in this topic

Tuesday July 27, 2021 8pm eastern in the G/S/B

MY BIGGEST AND LAST BRONZE SALE.

I’ve cleaned out the vault and want to move as much stuff as I can AS I’m getting out of comics selling.

I’ve got a short box of raws, and a short box of slabs.

$1-$700 some keys, semi-keys, picture frames, drek, other:  multiple Cgc SS from Stan Lee, John Romita, berni wrightson, more!  You won’t like everything, but you’ll probably like something.  

Edited by revat

I'll be listing one lot is a few minutes. Fantasy Masterpieces, the complete series from 1-11.

If you want to read Fing Fang Foom, GA Sub-Mariner and Captain America, Miss America, The Black Knight, some of the great PreCode Horror stories that would cost hundreds now (or maybe now thousands) and much more, this is the lot for you:) 

Wednesday August 11, 2021

starting around 7-8pm eastern

ALL INDEPENDENT SALE In copper/modern

about a short box of raws, a few slabs.

Tmnt, JSC, Adam Hughes, image newsstands, a few sigs, lots of great stuff.  Please check it out, thanks.

also, pls wash your hands

about to start a cgc ss stan lee sale in mixed

Going to start a new sales thread in the GA/SA/BA section. Majority if not all are from estate sales I've been to over the past five years. About 100 Marvel/DC/etc A-Z comics. About 20-30 are from the last estate sale I went to. Previous original owner and nice shapes. Average price $6-10 each.

I also posted some bronze in the mix thread if interested. Over 215+ comics posted in that thread so far! (check link in above post)

Edited by littledoom

So a fellow boardie, and customer, pointed out to me recently that my Copper/Modern raw comic sales thread has reached 100 pages!!!  It's only taken me a little over a year to get that far, but who's counting.  And I'm still listing comics!!  Let's hope it doesn't take another year to finish listing my Modern collection. lol

Because of this unique milestone, I've decided to have a 10% off sale on all CGC slabs that are NOT an 'or best offer' listing.  All slab listings start on page 22 (I think) and go to page 32 or 33.  Please click the link below for quick access to my thread.  The update and rules will be on page 100.  I hope to see you there!!!

Edited by Galen130

I'll be starting a Magazine & Misc thread later today in the Mixed Forum:

Monday 4pm EST- Red Sonja Card Sets w/album, Gerber Photo Journal Guides, TPBs, HCs, Magazine sets, single magazines if time
Monday 8pm EST- Misc Magazines

Wednesday TBD- EC Related & other misc magazines/fanzines
Wednesday 8pm EST- This will be Epic!  As in, high grade Epic Illustrated (plus other magazines)

and more updates to come!

5jx7rv.thumb.jpg.a21ec8fd92873e0c1920c52af4133c4e.jpg

Starting around 4PM EST today is an End of the Summer Plastic Crack General Sale in Mixed.   Let's build up the war chest.  (Thaaaaaaaaanks @jaybuck43). I might also reopen a comic fs thread or two as I found what I thought was a missing box.)

Some will be at retail.  Some will be below retail.  Some (cough vintage Joes) will be at a premium.

What am I listing first?  hm   If you have a preference. PM me and I will let the people decide.

There will be: 

• Modern GI Joe both general release and fan club
  • Modern GI Joe Unreleased Figures / Pre Production Pieces
  • Vintage GI Joe
  • Modern Transformers
  • Modern Star Wars 3.75"
  • Modern Star Wars Back Series
  • Reissue Vintage Transformers
  • Comic Cards
  • Maybe some Lego - Have to reinventory after the last sale. 

Here is a preview. 

Listings will go on throughout the week.  Things will be listed in waves but those waves might be broken up.  So for instance if I list modern GI Joe there is a good chance that I might find more modern GI Joe later on to list or if people are claiming it, I will be incentivized to let go of more. 

There will be some surprises thrown in.  There are quite a few things that are not pictured purposely. (yet).

So this is how it works.  The more that sells, the more I am motivated to list but more importantly the more of a chance I open another box in my storage room or take something off the shelf. 

The picture is what I immediately pulled. 

IMG_5628.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

:wishluck:  I am hopping to start up a thread this evening around 7 Central, as I continue to thin down my personal collection. Like I have said some of these books have been with me nearing 40 years. I just have to thin things way down. Age is catching up and this stuff just does not have the meaning it once had.

Tonight will be mostly Marvel Giant Size, King Size, Annuals, Specials, etc, some westerns including Raw Hide Kid, Might Marvel Westerns, and maybe a few more things thrown in. 25/30 books maybe.

Edited by DR.X

I am starting my first sales thread in a bit over in G/S/B. Please stop by and check it out, as there should hopefully be something that piques your interest. I've decided to pare the collection and also sell some duplicates in an effort to refocus my collecting priorities, so quite a few books need to go. Today will be a hodge podge including a couple All Select issues and as I add to the thread, you can expect some earlier ASM and quite a few issues of Planet Comics. I've picked up quite a few of these on the boards from the likes of @Ricksneatstuff; @jbpez and @Straw-Man among others.

Going to try my hand with a thread in mixed. This will truly be mixed and all over the map. A couple of minor Bronze first appearances, some Marvel, DC and Charlton. A few Whitman/DC multi-packs and a few freebie moderns sprinkled randomly. Super Hero, war, horror. Just a little bit of everything.

All must go, so don’t be shy about PM offers!

On 9/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, Comical Situations said:

I am starting my first sales thread in a bit over in G/S/B. Please stop by and check it out, as there should hopefully be something that piques your interest. I've decided to pare the collection and also sell some duplicates in an effort to refocus my collecting priorities, so quite a few books need to go. Today will be a hodge podge including a couple All Select issues and as I add to the thread, you can expect some earlier ASM and quite a few issues of Planet Comics. I've picked up quite a few of these on the boards from the likes of @Ricksneatstuff; @jbpez and @Straw-Man among others.

I will be starting up in about 45 minutes. Books today include early/later Avengers; GA Batman including 25 and 181; Boy Comics 9; couple GA Caps; Daredevil; Eerie; FF; a few early ASMs including 1 and a couple Planets. Should be about 70 books total give or take. Hope to see you all there!

Tuesday afternoon AFTER Labor Day

Copper/Modern - ALL X-Men Sale  

drek to keys, 50 cents - $600+

I've got a short box full of X-books, and maybe 10ish X-slabs.

Some extremely rare CGC 9.8 slabs, like ones you probably haven't seen before and for sure can't get elsewhere.  And other stuff - CGC SS, lots Newsstands in the 300-400's, filler drek, minor and major keys, random oddities.  If you're a true Uncanny X-men high-grade completionist, you absolutely can't miss this sale.  There will be a smattering of other mutant books too like Wolverine or New Mutants.

if you want a 1-2 hr pre-sale warning pm me and I’ll pm you a couple hours before we begin so you don’t miss out on something you want

Edited by revat

Hello again, gang!!!  This isn't a pre-sale announcement, per se, but my Copper/Modern sales thread is undergoing some maintenance...as in relisting and repricing of most CGC slab sales.  An update post is on page 101, as well as the beginning of the relists.  This will take a week or so, depending on how often the website glitches, but most current listings will be relisted during this time.  Some items I've decided not to sell, as well, but will stay up for sale until they are deleted.  Current slab listings start on page 22 and end about page 33...until moved or deleted.  I hope to see folks there!!! (thumbsu

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/471648-sales-thread-maintenance-in-progress-all-coppermodern-cgc-slabs-are-being-relisted-with-new-prices-update-and-re-lists-start-on-page-101-new-zealand-mint-silver-replicas-repriced/