• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,908 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 12:23 PM, Flaming_Telepath said:

Yup. Mine too.

Good catch in the reference!

I apparently need to up my musical game because I didn't realize that your board name came from a Blue Oyster Cult Song.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:03 PM, Flaming_Telepath said:
On 1/12/2022 at 2:41 PM, piper said:

I apparently need to up my musical game because I didn't realize that your board name came from a Blue Oyster Cult Song.

And I've been here for almost 19 years, so you had ample opportunity!

:butbutbutemoji: everyone remembers "( Don't fear) The Reaper. "

d0a945d917dc957f1ab02152805875b5_w200.gif.dc11bccb902797449c1c3322c3241ae7.gif

GALEN130's FINAL CGC SLAB SALE!!!

As I've stated in a few areas throughout the boards (and my sales thread), I've decided to pull all CGC slab listings from my CA/MA sales thread in February.  So, starting today is my final slab sale before all the listings are pulled for the foreseeable future.  You will find the update on page 126 of my thread...just follow the link below and scroll down the page. (thumbsu  All my slabs are a bit scattered, but not in a way that they can be navigated;  page 90 to 100, pages 117 and 118, and page 126.  Hope to see you there!!! (worship)

started a thread today, some of the mid size sedans are out for show. SA/CA with some runs (full John Carter, full Captain marvel 1-62 except 26 as I was weak once), some keys (Doc 169, SS2, SS3) and such. I just pulled these raw books for likely inclusion tomorrow

80E0400A-7A43-4DAB-9653-9AB2C28B8DAE.jpeg

on the fence on that stack of amazing adventures there on the left but the others should show up as well as a bunch more. then a few more slabs as well including ff49

time payments likely available if arranged beforehand via PM

Edited by Bird

I have started a thread today (President's Day)...Silver and Bronze Age raws.  There are a couple SA slabs as well.  I will be working on the thread for about a week or so, depending on how nasty the next winter storm is that's already blowing in this afternoon.  Three days in a row of single digit or below zero temperatures!!! :ohnoez::ohnoez:

Here's the link...the thread has been created.  Hope to see you there!!! (worship)

On 1/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, Galen130 said:

GALEN130's FINAL CGC SLAB SALE!!!

As I've stated in a few areas throughout the boards (and my sales thread), I've decided to pull all CGC slab listings from my CA/MA sales thread in February.  So, starting today is my final slab sale before all the listings are pulled for the foreseeable future.  You will find the update on page 126 of my thread...just follow the link below and scroll down the page. (thumbsu  All my slabs are a bit scattered, but not in a way that they can be navigated;  page 90 to 100, pages 117 and 118, and page 126.  Hope to see you there!!! (worship)

Hey, all!!!  I'm going to do this one more time (see above) with the last 20 slabs I received from CGC at the end of January, beginning of February.  I initially didn't put these slabs on sale because they were brand new.  All 20 slabs are listed on pages 122 & 123.  Update for the sale is on page 133.  Thanks!!!

I'm shooting for a Tues night sales thread. I am liquidating another piece of my personal collection.

Tales of Suspense #50 - #99. I've had many of these books, well over 40 years, undetected by human eyes. Time to part company.

Lots of first appearances. Most of these are lower grade books, as they were collected at a time when you just wanted to read and trade them. All books are complete. Most  have some degree of staple tears, but nothing detached unless noted.

I have front and back scans of all books and pics of the centerfolds and interiors. All raw copies.

Just time to start thinning my collection down. I was reading every issue as I was checking them, and weeping. LOL.  Man the artwork in these.

Try and get started around 7 as usual. Might not get through them all in one night so we'll see. Get ready for The Sleepers.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:56 PM, DR.X said:

I'm shooting for a Tues night sales thread. I am liquidating another piece of my personal collection.

Tales of Suspense #50 - #99. I've had many of these books, well over 40 years, undetected by human eyes. Time to part company.

Lots of first appearances. Most of these are lower grade books, as they were collected at a time when you just wanted to read and trade them. All books are complete. Most  have some degree of staple tears, but nothing detached unless noted.

I have front and back scans of all books and pics of the centerfolds and interiors. All raw copies.

Just time to start thinning my collection down. I was reading every issue as I was checking them, and weeping. LOL.  Man the artwork in these.

Try and get started around 7 as usual. Might not get through them all in one night so we'll see. Get ready for The Sleepers.

Hey folks, I'm going to postpone this thread until Wed night, 7 Central time. Did not realize when I posted the SOTU address was on Tues, so I am assuming lots of eyes will be on that. Sorry, but we'll try again tomorrow night. See ya there. :foryou:

On 2/21/2022 at 5:11 PM, Galen130 said:

I have started a thread today (President's Day)...Silver and Bronze Age raws.  There are a couple SA slabs as well.  I will be working on the thread for about a week or so, depending on how nasty the next winter storm is that's already blowing in this afternoon.  Three days in a row of single digit or below zero temperatures!!! :ohnoez::ohnoez:

Here's the link...the thread has been created.  Hope to see you there!!! (worship)

Final sale on all listings…ends March 11th.  Thread will be closed afterwards!!! (thumbsu

Tonight at about 9pm EST, I'm going to list some auctions in Mixed, to Benefit Ukraine Children and refugees. Auctions will run till Monday night and if they sell, I plan to add more for the next 10 days or so. All proceeds will go to Unicef USA, Americares, or the Children's Hunger Fund. The winner will pay one of them (or a similar well rated charity of their choice), directly.

I'm using mixed because I will have some modern and copper books as well as some older things. I'm going to empty part of a closet stash, so items will vary. 

Hope to see some of  you there later:) :foryou:

I posted a thread with some artist's editions, signed prints and 4 pages of OA from FF 604 on behalf of a friend who is in later stages of ALS and is letting his things go. Please take a look and consider being a new home to some groovy collectibles long owned by a wonderful man.