• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I almost pulled the trigger on this..but chickened out

9 posts in this topic

True, but there's always the chance that someone did minor work on this 40 years ago. Had it been a CGC VG 4.0 Blue Label it'd be on its way to my house. How kick [!@#%^&^] was that Crimson Avenger cover? I held a Detective #9 in my hands a few weeks ago; something about those early More Fun/Adventure/Detective/Non-Superman Action covers really do it for me....I sure wish I could afford them all!

It is a tough book. Not as tough as 9, but still hard to locate. I have know Phil Bellmore for many years. His grading is excellent, and if that book had restoration, he would have seen it. I already have a copy of 22, but if I didn't I would have bought that issue. Mind letting us know where you had a chance to look over a 9? Was it the Lost Valley copy?

Isn't this copy already restored? confused.gif

"Up for bid is Detective Comics #22 in rock solid vg condition. This issue features the 1st Crimson Avenger; very scarce and tough to find. Flaws: some general cover and edge wear, scuffing at top left corner of cover, glue along top 1/3 of inside spine area"

Mind letting us know where you had a chance to look over a 9? Was it the Lost Valley copy?

It was in a comic shop in Dayton, Ohio. The guy had $2000 on it, and it looked like about a VG/Fine copy. Not sure if it had any work done on it though.

Are you Joe Nacca from Goldenage comics?

It is a tough book. Not as tough as 9, but still hard to locate. I have know Phil Bellmore for many years. His grading is excellent, and if that book had restoration, he would have seen it. I already have a copy of 22, but if I didn't I would have bought that issue. Mind letting us know where you had a chance to look over a 9? Was it the Lost Valley copy?

Phil left me my very first ebay feedback...over six and a half years ago! I think he used to run auctions in the CBG before that, and if memory serves I bought my first couple of golden age books off him in the early 90's. I still buy/sell from him occasionally!