• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #12 CGC 9.4

29 posts in this topic

My customer traded it to Metro for the White Mtn FF 12.

And to think I didn't buy it years ago when Metropolis had it for sale for $3000. I had it in my hands and said "no". That's one of the few things in life that I regret.

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

However, $3K for that book in the early 90's was "aggressive" to say the least. They were asking 6x guide.

Here's an intersting tidbit:

Tom Brulato, Scoop, 6/21/02: "Other than hard-to-find examples, like [/b] Fantastic Four #12 [/b] where I have the only known 9.4, there's often a big difference between 9.4 and the higher grades. Some of my friends and I have a saying: 'The madness begins at 9.6,'" he said with a chuckle."

link

census as of 8/27/03

1 of 3

DAM

I remember seeing the WM is Fishler's office many years ago...It looked perfect...So I would have to say the WM is superior....The copy for sale now has some Spider stress marks at lower staple...Its a NM 9.4000 and no better!!