• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
24 24

9,319 posts in this topic

I've got a long way to go in my pulp quest, as I am going for just about all the sci-fi pulps ever printed!

I'll never get there.... :pullhair:

:screwy: Good luck!!! Are you going at it title by title or buying lots as you go around. Which titles are in your sights right now?

This came in today's mail :)

63094.jpg.9933ac9ce0a91dda0d3db90f27321b70.jpg

Great shots Theagenes!! I recently sold my beater copy of that issue... cleared out all my fugly pulps, dupes or no dupes!! I need to find a copy of that again... passed up a beautiful copy for $500 about nine years ago!!! doh!

I never get tired of looking at mine. :cloud9:

AmazingStories1928-08fcsm.jpg

Edited by Theagenes

I've got a long way to go in my pulp quest, as I am going for just about all the sci-fi pulps ever printed!

:screwy: Good luck!!! Are you going at it title by title or buying lots as you go around. Which titles are in your sights right now?

Nice! :applause:

Great shots Theagenes!! I recently sold my beater copy of that issue... cleared out all my fugly pulps, dupes or no dupes!! I need to find a copy of that again... passed up a beautiful copy for $500 about nine years ago!!! doh!

SWEET!!! :o

If you guys ever come across a nice copy for sale in your travels, please let me know!! Thanks!

My approach has been buying lots as I go around. It makes it much easier. If I end up with duplicates I can always sell them. I would like to take the collection through the digests of the 1950's and early 60's. A mammoth undertaking.

Here is a cool Paul interior illustration and a story that only Selegue and I would love.

atomstory.jpg

The atoms are revolting!

Very nice -- if you ever get a beater copy that you can scan flat, I'd love to see the illustration with better resolution. Is Orlovsky a pen name? Seems suspicious to me.

What issue is it?

NOT THAT I'M SHOPPING FOR A #$%^& PULP!!!

Thanks,

Jack

I will never tire of seeing them Ryan (worship)

Thanks Bill... slowly picking away at the runs of WONDER / SCIENCE WONDER (one issue left!) / and AMAZING STORIES (Gernsback issues only), and all the quarterly issues too. Picking up other Paul issues of various titles like FANTASTIC ADVENTURES and SCIENCE FICTION as well.

I know you have some tucked away... feel free to post 'em if you have the inkling!!

If you insist :blush:

I grabbed a couple off the shelf

mm0196-3.jpg

mm0195-3.jpg

mm0071-3.jpg

:luhv:

Nor do I tire of looking at mine......

mm0118-3.jpg

Here is a cool Paul interior illustration and a story that only Selegue and I would love.

atomstory.jpg

The atoms are revolting!

Very nice -- if you ever get a beater copy that you can scan flat, I'd love to see the illustration with better resolution. Is Orlovsky a pen name? Seems suspicious to me.

What issue is it?

Thanks,

Jack

lol

Vol. 4 No. 1 (April 1929)

atomstory.jpg

The atoms are revolting!

What issue is it?

Thanks,

Jack

lol

Thankfully, I don't know which title it's from, so I can't look for a copy.

Maybe my dear, sweet wife did get to you.

Jack

(Thanks)

atomstory.jpg

The atoms are revolting!

What issue is it?

Thanks,

Jack

lol

Jack

(Thanks)

Why Amazing Stories of course, you silly, silly man.......

:grin:

:luhv:

Nor do I tire of looking at mine......

mm0118-3.jpg

Very, VERY nice guys!!

I think I'll be pulling my Paul pulps out tomorrow for a new group shot!!

Great to see this thread rocking again! :headbang:

atomstory.jpg

The atoms are revolting!

What issue is it?

Thanks,

Jack

lol

Jack

(Thanks)

Why Amazing Stories of course, you silly, silly man.......

:grin:

If anyone else is curious about the story, you can read it at PulpReader, complete with illos.

It was also reprinted with the Frank Paul art in Science Fiction Classics Spring/1968.

Jack

WIth all this Talk about Paul, I totally forgot that I was alerted to the fact that a NEW, and actually the ONLY book on/about Frank R. Paul is to be released early Spring 2009 (or sooner).

http://shasta-phoenix.com/ViewBook.asp?id=4

I have to say, its about time!! :golfclap:

I can't wait. Haven't anticipated a book this much since the Fletcher Hanks book was announced!

WIth all this Talk about Paul, I totally forgot that I was alerted to the fact that a NEW, and actually the ONLY book on/about Frank R. Paul is to be released early Spring 2009 (or sooner).

http://shasta-phoenix.com/ViewBook.asp?id=4

Thanks for the tip, Ryan. :applause:

My initial impression after checking the referred page was that the book retailed for $395.00. :o

Shasta needs to edit that typo.

I know, but the first impression (at least in my case) is that the Hardcover Trade Edition

costs $395. (shrug)

Not really a typo but I do think it is sloppy copywriting. My first reaction was that the book was too rich for my blood.