• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,042 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 11:38 AM, Artifiction said:

Thank you for the information. Other than in pictures, I have never really seen a true "pulp magazine". It might be interesting to see a size comparison photo of one. Even better than that, I could buy one. Not only would that tell me all that I need to know, I'd also be adding a piece of great cover art to my collection. Win win!

Shoot me your address again and I'll GIVE you one.... Merry Christmas :foryou: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/9/2021 at 9:39 AM, Bookery said:

Here's the first ones I grabbed off the shelves...  From Left to Right:  Bedsheet-Size Pulp,  Standard Pulp,  Digest,  Standard Paperback.

pulp sizes.jpg

This has really helped me to understand the differences in the books. Thanks, Bookery. I appreciate it.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:23 PM, Artifiction said:

This has really helped me to understand the differences in the books. Thanks, Bookery. I appreciate it.

In case you're not familiar, he literally wrote the book on pulps.  As in "Bookery's Guide to Pulps".  One of the great things about these boards is the wealth of knowledge these guys have.  It's really appreciated.  (thumbsu

https://www.budsartbooks.com/product/bookery-s-guide-to-pulps-related-magazines-second-edition/

On 12/13/2021 at 8:32 PM, waaaghboss said:

20211213_202139.thumb.jpg.5c49362fcedaeb39d7b14176c06c6554.jpg

20211213_202929.thumb.jpg.fe4c161b22ca6bad39c475081f4a0aa8.jpg

I've wanted this conan since I first saw it in this thread a few years ago, finally found one for a decent price.  My favorite of the Brundage conan covers.  Left and bottom inch are a facsimile, but has enough of the original cover that it doesn't detract it to me.  

Great books man. Keep it up. Very cool indeed. I'm not the biggest Brundage fan on earth, but she got to do so many of the Conan covers, I'm kinda stuck with her... because, well, Conan.

On 12/12/2021 at 2:17 AM, Randall Dowling said:

In case you're not familiar, he literally wrote the book on pulps.  As in "Bookery's Guide to Pulps".  One of the great things about these boards is the wealth of knowledge these guys have.  It's really appreciated.  (thumbsu

https://www.budsartbooks.com/product/bookery-s-guide-to-pulps-related-magazines-second-edition/

No, I was not aware of that. I think it's quite an accomplishment to create a guide to such abscure books. I've requested to be notified when the book is back in stock.