• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2023 at 11:03 PM, Pulpvault said:

Our friendly neighborhood UPS man delivered a box earlier today containing over 90 issues of Weird Tales, from 1927 through 1940. These will be auctioned in the Saturday night auction at this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL). Most are in great condition.

Here's one of 'em - the December 1932 issue featuring the first appearance of Robert E. Howard's immortal hero, Conan, in "The Phoenix on the Sword."

Weird Tales 1932 12 shot 1.jpg

Weird Tales 1932 12 shot 2.jpg

HOLY SPIT! :jawdrop:

On 1/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, OtherEric said:

And a couple more Bode covers in today, plus one I've had for a while (the Galaxy) which I don't think I've posted before.  I think this gives me all the Bode pulp digest covers.

1967 11 If.jpg

1968 11 If.jpg

1970 02 Galaxy.jpg

Dude, that Galaxy book has got to be your avatar. Congrats!

Here's another of the Weird Tales which arrived yesterday, which will be auctioned in the Saturday night auction at this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL).

This one is the October 1933 issue, which among other tales features Robert E. Howard's Conan novelette, "The Pool of the Black One," as well as a reprint of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Festival" and Clark Ashton Smith's, "The Seed of the Sepulcher."

Weird Tales 1933 10 shot 1.jpg

Weird Tales 1933 10 shot 2.jpg

On 1/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, Pulpvault said:

Here's another of the Weird Tales which arrived yesterday, which will be auctioned in the Saturday night auction at this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL).

This one is the October 1933 issue, which among other tales features Robert E. Howard's Conan novelette, "The Pool of the Black One," as well as a reprint of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Festival" and Clark Ashton Smith's, "The Seed of the Sepulcher."

Weird Tales 1933 10 shot 1.jpg

Weird Tales 1933 10 shot 2.jpg

Stunning copy with a deep red spine. Should fetch a pretty penny.

Here's another of the Weird Tales which will be auctioned in the Saturday night auction at this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL).

There's another great Brundage cover on this September 1934 issue, which features the first installment of Robert E. Howard's Conan tale, "People of the Black Circle."

Weird Tales 1934 09 shot 1.jpg

Weird Tales 1934 09 shot 2.jpg

On 1/20/2023 at 11:03 PM, Pulpvault said:

Our friendly neighborhood UPS man delivered a box earlier today containing over 90 issues of Weird Tales, from 1927 through 1940. These will be auctioned in the Saturday night auction at this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL). Most are in great condition.

Here's one of 'em - the December 1932 issue featuring the first appearance of Robert E. Howard's immortal hero, Conan, in "The Phoenix on the Sword."

Weird Tales 1932 12 shot 1.jpg

Weird Tales 1932 12 shot 2.jpg

Great cover on this book👍‼️🥓